Re: [Generation-Mixed] Re: GOD Take me ... Amen!

  • pierre jefferson
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 12, 2008
      Dear Lynn,

      I'm am also glad too hear that this poem touched you too`
      yes God is the adviser and director of these God poems`
      I am but a vessel.

      Thank you so much for posting these incredible
      scriptures from the Bible in reference to Gods wing`
      its amazing how similar these verses
      are to my poem' yes homelessness also'
      for we all are wondering in the wilderness
      seeking a way to find our way back home.

      We are like scattered sheep in a polluted Pasture`
      knowing its not were we should be`
      For man will not make this desolation better for us`
      only the Grand Maison and Architect of all CREATION.
      God Almighty.

      Bless you Lynn,

      Thank you

      Pierre

      "wintyreeve@..." <wintyreeve@...> wrote:

      Dear Pierre,

      Another outstanding poem!

      I could relate to "GOD Take Me" on so many levels.

      Thanks for sharing this with the group :)

      RE:
      God take me beneath Your shelter
      where my soul can find restoring Peace,
      God take me beneath Your wing
      where fear and doubt will surely cease,

      This reminds me of one of my
      favorite verses in the Bible.

      I based my blog on the thought of
      being taken "beneath Your wing"...

      The inspiration for In the Shadow of Your
      Wings
      came from Psalm 36:7. (Good News Bible)
      "How precious, O God, is your constant love!
      We find protection under the shadow
      of your wings."
      (BibleGateway. com)
      "How priceless is your unfailing love!
      Both high and low among men find
      refuge in the shadow of your wings.

      (BibleGateway. com, NKJV)
      Psalm 17, A Prayer of David:
      6 "I have called upon You,
      for You will hear me, O God;
      Incline Your ear to me, and hear my speech.
      7 Show Your marvelous lovingkindness by Your right hand,
      O You who save those who trust in You
      From those who rise up against them.
      8 Keep me as the apple of Your eye;
      Hide me under the shadow of Your wings,
      9 From the wicked who oppress me,
      From my deadly enemies who surround me."

      http://shadowwings. wordpress. com/

      Through "In the Shadow of Your Wings",
      Lynn uses art and writing as medium
      to give a voice to victims of domestic
      violence, and the plight of survivors
      struggling to escape abuse.

      I also love the description of homelessness.
      I agree, we are all "homeless".
      Our true home is in Heaven with God.

      Keep up the GREAT work Pierre!

      I will be cheering you on :)