Expectant Mother

  • Rosanna
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 16, 2008
      Does anyone know of a good message board/online group for expectant and
      new mothers? I am preganant w/my first child and unfortunately in the
      region where I live I don't have much in common w/many of the other
      expectant moms, who are in their teens and may not seek prenatal care
      or even know they're pregnant until several months along. Sad but
      true.

      I'll be receiving prenatal care from my obgyn who I've been w/for years
      (used to see her for my annual prior to becoming pregnant), and it's
      funny but last week when I went in the nurse kept looking at my chart
      and then looking at me and scratching her head. Finally she
      said, "You're almost 35 and this is your first pregnancy." I nodded.
      She replied, "Oh, I just wanted to make sure we had that right." What
      a hoot!

      Anyway, if anyone knows of a good online group let me know. I'd like
      to connect up with pregnant ladies a bit closer to my age.
    • Your Highness The Queen
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 17, 2008
        Congratulations Roseanna!

        Have you checked out ivillage.com? They seem to have a lot of resources
        and many message boards over there.
      • Rosanna
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 17, 2008
          Some lab work that came back yesterday
          showed potentially complicating factors.

          So, please, everyone, keep the
          baby and I in your prayers.

          In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,
          "Your Highness The Queen" <la_cayena@...> wrote:

          Congratulations Roseanna!

          Have you checked out ivillage.com? They seem to have
          a lot of resources and many message boards over there.
        • prettycutetk

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 21, 2008
              Rosanna, I will definitely keep
              you and the baby in my prayers.

              I too am pregnant and have found
              ivillage.com, especially the
              discussion groups, to be a great
              resource. Parents.com (Daily Kick
              and Ages & Stages newsletters)and
              Baby.com are also good sites.

              Hopefully all will be ok.

              Please check out my company's web site
              www.mix-it-up.net for mommy business cards,
              cards that can be used for announcements, etc.

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 25, 2008
                Thanks much.
                I will check out ivillage.

                And at my last sonogram the doctor said things looked normal.
                I am about 8 wks along now, hoping and praying for the best.
                Thank you all for your good wishes and positive vibes :)

                <rosanna_armendariz@> wrote:

                Some lab work that came back yesterday
                showed potentially complicating factors.

                So, please, everyone, keep the
                baby and I in your prayers.

                In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,
                "Your Highness The Queen" <la_cayena@> wrote:

                Congratulations Roseanna!

                Have you checked out ivillage.com? They seem to have
                a lot of resources and many message boards over there.
              • soul sis36
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 25, 2008
                  Rosanna,

                  I am glad to hear that things are normal.
                  Keep Faith. Think positive. Take it easy.
                  You are more than welcome! You will be fine.
                  *Grins* God bless you and your baby. =)