Re: Good Morning

  • Almond Eyez
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 1, 2005
      I'm mixed vietnamese and black.
      And I do get questioned in fact just last week someone asked me if I
      was mixed and I said yea why?
      They say I have 'those asian eyes'.

      *sigh, I've heard how being mixed in Europe "is not a big deal" and I
      wish Americans could have the same concept.

      --- In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com, "sudoangel2000"

      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 1, 2005
        You know, if you guys keep mentioning your mixes and
        the male/female ratio continues we'll need to start a
        sister group for mixed dating. ;)

        Hmmm - now that I mention it....

        --- Almond Eyez <cocoalatte91@...> wrote:

        > I'm mixed vietnamese and black.
        > And I do get questioned in fact just last week
        > someone asked me if I
        > was mixed and I said yea why?
        > They say I have 'those asian eyes'.
        >
        > *sigh, I've heard how being mixed in Europe "is not
        > a big deal" and I
        > wish Americans could have the same concept.
        >

        > --- In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,
        > "sudoangel2000"
        > <sudoangel2000@y...> wrote:
        > > To everyone :)
        > >
        > > I had a question for everyone:
        > >
        > > Do you find you have to explain yourself still in
        > 2005? Meaning, I
        > > still find I have to run down the lineage for
        > people although nine
        > > times out of ten they have already made up their
        > minds before hand lol
        > >
        > > This came to mind because I went to Paris in April
        > and I found the
        > > people refreshingly accepting. Maybe this is a US
        > thing.
        > >
        > > What do you think?

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Brittany Link
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 1, 2005
          well in america we are just now accepting that people can be mixed, before people we just clumped into being what the colored half was.

          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 1, 2005
            Actually Jeff -- I think that a group designed for
            "multi-racial socializing" (whether for dating or
            general events) sounds like a pretty cool idea!! :D

            Maybe you could consider even initiating such
            a group and seeing how it goes -- as I think
            that many mixed-people (including those who
            are members here) might be very interested. : )

            (The only thing is ... that it would probably take
            a lot of time to handle the moderating in order to
            prevent trollers and other such troublemakers from
            purposely trying to post offensive material, etc.).

            Just a thought. :D

            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 1, 2005
              I can see plenty of potential headches there, but it
              does sound appealing. I could be the high yella
              Hefner.;P

              But seriously, I do generally prefer to date mixed
              women simply because I feel like I'd have more in
              common with them and they'd have a better
              understanding of who I am. I also feel like there is a
              greater openmindedness to other cultures, ideas and
              beliefs.

              Unless they've been brainwashed by the militant
              one-droppers.

              http://mail.yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 1, 2005
                Well ...let's see ... 'Jeff' does rhyme well with
                "Hef" ... so ... it could very well be a 'sign'. ;)

                Also - I understand what you are saying in
                regards to feeling somewhat more compatible
                with dating another 'multi'-racial individual
                rather than someone who is or considers
                themself to be a 'mono'-racial.

                Often those who are unfamilar with the
                whole idea of embracing your 'multi'-racial
                heritage mistakenly think that you are
                trying to deny or downplay one part of
                your lineage in favor of another rather
                than simply embracing all of who you are.

                Your idea of a social / dating group
                could offer an option for others who
                are interested in meeting people who
                understand their experiences and support
                their embracing of their full heritage.

                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 1, 2005
                  Of course it could be like fishing off the company
                  pier too ;)

                  http://mail.yahoo.com