My Poem on InterMix--I am so excited :)

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 17, 2007
      Hello Friends,

      I want to share with you two things:

      First, Intermix is another website where mixed people
      are also supported and encouraged. Intermix is also
      very diverse (no pun intended!) and it includes news,
      poetry, photos,celebrities and more...The website is:

      Second, my poem "Earthbound Spirits"
      has also just been posted on Intermix!
      I am so excited (can you hear me screaming?:D)!

      "Earthbound Spirits"
      is about the
      legacy of shame, denial and abuse
      seeded in my family from the
      days of slavery to the present.

      It deals with the struggle to love who you are,
      and where you came from while healing the past color
      .
      And deals with the courage to seek
      self-identity while not forgetting
      the past color
      :

      "Earthbound Spirits"

         A part of her felt the most profound loss
         For so long her ancestors, her grandparents
         Had their lives defined by a
         Carefully constructed lie, forced on them
         Had their voices suppressed
         Had secrets imposed on their children
         And generations lost their truth
         Only the cotton that rose from the bloodied soil
         Could speak for them. color

      The full poem can be found at the following link...
      http://www.intermix.org.uk/poetry/poetry_18_mari.asp

      I wish you all a good weekend!!

      Blessings, Lynn

    • soul sis36

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 17, 2007
          Dear Lynn,

          Thank you for sharing your deep and emotionally charged
          poem "Earthbound Spirits" ... it really portrayed the mental
          ... physical and spiritual reality of a Mixed slave mother.
          The layers of truth swarming around the told and
          untold stories of that period could be felt in your poem.
          There are so many "blacks" color today with honey-colored skin and
          wavy hair` whom are descendants of her dark and tormented
          past, the evidence of a strength and endurance that
          kept a race from total destruction, but surely their
          spiritual strength was the core of their very survival.

          Bless you

          Pierre

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 21, 2007
            Hello Pierre & Friends,

            Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you everyone enjoys the holidays.

            Just a note on "Earthbound Spirits",

            Pierre hit the nail on the head with his comments.

            The poem came after alot of research in my family line...and a lot
            of things people did not want to admit happen, let alone talk about.

            Yet, when you look at what Pierre so elogantly worded "..kept
            a race from total destruction" it is more than skin, but spirit.
            And I wanted to acknowledge both --the truth and spirit.

            I really am inspired by the support, stories and information offered at GM.

            It is my hope that in this generation the secrets and shame of
            the past will be no more. That we can be Mixed and proud --
            holding our heads up high and just loving who we are.

            Blessings, Lynn

            Blessings, Lynn

          • pierre jefferson
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 24, 2007
              Hello Lynn and Friends,

               Your welcomed Lynn, I'm glad you feel I hit the nail on the head!

              Slavery hurt so many people and the guilt and anger still exists
              from it to this day. When you demean people through slavery
              you have put those people into a deep and emotional condition.
              Countless lives and future generations have to deal with the effects
              and physiological damage that could result from such a ugly past.

              I loved your poem!
              Its actually a hidden piece of History, that only
              those spirits totally know the absolute truth about.

              Happy Holidays to you and AP..Nikki..and
              all of the Mixed Generation community.

              Pierre

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 1, 2007

                Congratulations Lynn !!!

                This is wonderful, Wonderful,
                WONDERFUL news to hear !!

                Your poetry is great and I am so
                glad to hear of your good news !!!  :)

                http://www.intermix.org.uk/

[...]

              • Heather
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 2, 2007
                  Lynn... I, too, am so very HAPPY FOR YOU=) You should be proud=)=)=)
                  I know, we- here- are very proud to have you as such
                  a loving and richly-talented part of the group=)
                  WoooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
                  (((((((SMILE))))))))- Heather

                  <mailto:Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com> ,