Poem - Sinking Sand

  • pierre jefferson
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2007

              SINKING SAND

      Life can only give back to you`
      what you give to it,
      Because a candle can not burn`
      until its silent Truth is lit,

      For casting judgment on others`
      may end up pointing fingers at you,
      For no human being is perfect`
      no matter what they do,

      Understanding the faults of others`
      could help you with your own,
      We cannot curse the hidden shadows`
      for the seeds that we have sown,

      If one leg becomes crippled`
      the other has to carry twice the load,
      As we struggle to walk life's uncharted horizons`
      trying to pay the debts that are owed,

      Some people think that great wealth`
      will remove all their pain,
      Bowing down to money like a god`
      on their knees in a falling rain,

      Happiness can not be attained`
      unless it exists within yourself,
      You can not find it on green paper`
      or in the arms of someone else,

      Its a seed that must be planted
      in the bowel of your Soul`
      That can not be found in silver coins`
      or in the worth of gleaming gold,

      For all that you do have`
      is only yours for a while,
      But one of the greatest gift to share`
      is the warmth of a loving smile,

      Having a body that's Healthy`
      that's free from sickness and pain,
      In knowing that you’re loved and appreciated`
      is better than kneeling before idols in falling rain,

      Better than mingling with people
      who only like you for what you possess,
      Because once that false wealth has left your person,
      Their true hidden nature they will surely confess,

      But in the midst of this you will
      truly see where they stand,
      Because you cannot find or build a Temple of Happiness`
      on shifting earth or SINKING SAND.

      Pierre Andre 2007 ©
      All Rights Reserved