Home Page

  • Romeo Raymond C. Santos
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 16, 2007
      I happened to check our home page.
      Great pics of good-looking people.
      But is it possible that by posting pictures of these
      people, the group seems to emphasize good looks,
      rather than achievements by Multi-Racial people?
      What could be the effect, if pictures of people like
      Frederick Douglas, or Crispus Attucks or Billie Holiday were
      placed alongside people like Mariah Carey or Keanu Reeves?
      Just asking.
      Thanks.
      Romeo
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 19, 2007
        Hello Romeo and Friends,

        RE: But is it possible that by posting pictures of these people, the group seems to emphasize good looks,
        rather than achievements by Multi-Racial people?

        In my opinion, strut! There was a time in America, and this still exists in many places, where if you have color in your skin or if you are mixed you are considered no good--and all sorts of names and stereotypes follow. I think it is an *achievement* for Multi-Racial people to receive recognition and even be considered attractive. I agree that good looks cannot replace character but I don't think that is a problem at GM. I think posting a variety of pictures is a way of showing diversity...

        RE: What could be the effect, if pictures of people like Frederick Douglas, or Crispus Attucks or Billie Holiday were placed alongside people like Mariah Carey or Keanu Reeves?

        Then why don't you post additional pictures? You can also post personal photos?

        You can also send articles, bios and thoughts on people or your own experiences :)

        I look forward to hearing from you!

        Blessings, Lynn