Poem - AGE

  • pierre jefferson
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2007
                            AGE

      You walked around in shadows`
      taking bits of us away,

      Hiding in our sub conscious mind`
      with no place else to stay,

      I know you exist because
      I see your work every day,

      As you feed your constant need`
      to turn green pastures into fields of hay,

      The dark side of your nature is
      to bring sunshine to your self,

      As you drain my youth like an abscessed tooth`
      from me and someone else,

      Your measure is untold for each person has
      a different degree change,

      As their features become altered and worn`
      and slowly re-arranged,

      Like a jig saw puzzle made of skin`
      as you move along our bodies`
      like the breeze from a blowing wind,

      You know I can’t stop you
      because your mortgage is too great`

      As you age away at my temple`
      bringing the test of time as my fate,

      Then my youth becomes your possession`
      as old age becomes my unwelcome friend,

      Greeting me every morning`
      with a strange reflection that will never end,

      But I'm thankful that I'm alive`
      because being young is only a passing phase,

      Hoping to stay alert and Healthy`
      for the rest of my natural born DAYS.

      Pierre Andre, 2007 ©
      All Rights Reserved