Re: New To Group

  • Richard S
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 12, 2007
      Welcome to the group, darlin!

      "Lady L" <mochaladyj@...> wrote:

      Howdy Y'all From TX,

      Thanks for the warm welcome and for the
      beautiful words that poured from your hearts.

      It's such a blessing to have joined this group.

      To feel such love and acceptance has me
      almost speechless which says a lot since

      I'm known to talk people's ears off...LOL
      I look forward to getting to you better.

      BTW Yvette, I have relatives from
      both side who live in Chicago.
      In fact, three of my siblings were born
      in Chicago--I believe in Cook Country.
      As for me, the last time I visited there was in 1998
      which is a long story I try not to talk about...LOL

      Well, I hope everyone has a peaceful day today!
      And my heart and prayers go out to those who
      are trying to get through this particular day.

      God bless,
      Lady Light

      pierre jefferson<pierrejefferson2007@...> wrote:

      Greetings Lady Light,

      You are not alone in your culture tug of war`
      trying to cling your racial heritage while
      trying to blend end other cultures
      can prove impossible at times.

      Being Multi-racial has been a difficult road
      for you to tread I'm sure, with the bridges
      and valleys always challenging you
      to go forward or back away from
      unpredictable racial encounters at times.

      Black society will question your speech if
      there's too little "blackness" verbalized`
      and your appearance must reflect this
      "blackness" to a degree, and other racial
      stereotypes true or false are expected of
      you to be a "faithful" member of the group.

      White society will also question your speech`
      rejecting these ethnic pronunciations
      as illiterate and unacceptable,
      Physical characteristics also play a major
      role in how they perceive you as well.
      When you look a certain way` people automatically
      expect you to behave or act in a certain way.

      Mixed race people sometimes have to
      wear their identities like change
      of clothing to fit in with these
      social groups at any given moment.

      How can you "identify" with `one'
      group with out becoming a "traitor"
      or "sell" out to the other?
      There is no in between when it comes
      to claiming 'a' part of your "identity",
      for `every' part you deny or try
      to mask may magnify the problem.

      You are truly blessed to be able to
      accept people for who they are`
      and not what they are.
      This is a gift to be able to
      transcend the color barrier
      and perceive the individual.

      Racism depends on making a
      `difference' out of "difference"
      and attaching preconceived
      notions and stigmas that only
      exist in the observers mind.

      You come from a rich Multi-racial
      family background and this
      in its self is beautiful.

      Not knowing exactly what
      you are is perhaps Gods way
      of magnifying who you are!

      He has made you from so many bloodlines
      until you are a "Rainbow blood Line
      Lady, with a bright colorful Soul.

      (Enjoyed reading this message
      and experience of your Life.)

      Thank you for submitting it to
      the Generation-Mixed Community.
      we are looking forward to
      hearing from you again.

      Take care Lady Light*

      Pierre

      Lady L <mochaladyj@...> wrote:

      Hello everyone.

      Call me Lady Light (my pen name) or Lady L.

      I've been fighting with years of confusion and
      frustration about my Multi-racial heritage.

      I know I have Native American, White, and Black
      (unsure of African descent since most of my
      Black ancestors were never slaves but free men)
      on both side as well as Japanese on my mum side.

      All of my grandparents were either
      Tri-racial or Multi-racial themselves
      which makes me 3rd generation Multi-Racial.

      Unfortunately, I don't have the proof or
      enough percentage to claim any particular
      racial group especially with my Native
      American heritage since I came from a family
      who never talked about their Mixed heritage.
      It was very taboo for my parents to
      ask about their heritage when they
      were growing up during those days.
      So my parents felt it was best not to find out
      or discuss our beautiful heritage with us kids,
      which caused me to grow up feeling like an
      orphan who is involuntarily denied ever knowing
      the rich history and culture of her ancestors.
      Growing up I had the Black race telling me I'm
      not "black" enough and the White race telling
      me I'm too "black" to be anything else.
      And it didn't help much that I didn't have
      an accent of any race on the planet since
      I grew up around people all over the world.

      I have come to believe that it was God's
      divine will to have me not know my heritage
      because I can feel a connection with everyone.
      There is not racial line in my blood.
      I can love everyone for who they
      are and where they come from.
      I have love for the human race.

      Also, I'm glad to be married to a
      Multi-racial man of Spaniard / Italian
      / Apache / Mexican / Indian descent.

      I don't have to pretend to be anyone but myself.

      I look forward to getting to know you guys more.

      Sincerely,
      Lady Light