Re: Elder's Meditation of the Day **

  • prettycutetk
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 8 11:26 AM
      Kaya,

      I love it!!! Very true!!!

      Tia

      In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,
      "Kaya" <lakota@...> wrote:

      "Keep your life simple
      because the more you get,
      the more complicated it becomes."

      --Joe Coyhis, STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE

      The old ones say, lead a simple life.

      The society we live in
      is all about getting more
      houses, cars, luxury and credit cards.

      The law of worry says,
      the more you have,
      the more you need to worry.

      You get a house, then you need insurance,
      then you need to take care of the yard
      and the list goes on.

      Next, you may want a bigger house
      with a bigger yard
      which costs more in insurance.

      Along with
      the accumulation of materialism,
      are other "gifts."

      Soon you become a slave and
      the materialism owns you.

      Lead a simple life and
      have peace of mind.

      Lead a simple life
      and be spiritual.
    • Kaya

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 8 12:28 PM
           I totally agree with these wise quotes!

           Sadly we are taught early in life`
          that getting as much material gains
          out of life will make us happy.

           But eventually these things will
          become shackles around our ankles`
          as they control us and rule us!

           A man who lives in a 50 room house
          has more rooms than he can
          possibly live in at one time,

           A man who lives in a 6 room house feels
          less obligation and more relaxation`
          less worry about the needless rooms that
          lives off the man with the 50 room house.

           True Happiness is not found in numbers`
          True Happiness is not found in things!
          Its found with in your self,
          for if your empty inside no amount
          of materialism will ever fill that space.

           This space can only be filled with Truth...Love
          ... Purpose...Appreciation..Self Worth...and a
          relationship with a higher Power...called GOD.

          Wealth can make life easier`
          but if your not careful`
          it can make things to easy
          and life can lose its excitement,
          for which boredom will over take your LIFE.

          Pierre