Re: [Generation-Mixed] Poem - BEAUTY

  • pierre jefferson
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4 4:46 PM
      Yes Keesha you have my permission! :)
      from Pierre Andre

      Take care

      Keesha Jones <sunshine_382436@...> wrote:

      May I have your permission to share this with others on my Blog?

      pierre jefferson <pierrejefferson2007 @...> wrote:

                    BEAUTY

      What is beauty?
      Is it something you can say,
      or is it something you can see,
      What is beautiful to you`
      may not be beautiful to me,

      Like trying to write the definition
      of beauty in a book.
      Carefully outlining the features`
      on how another person should look,

      All other forms of beauty
      have very little chance,
      As we stare at this standardized picture`
      and asked to accept it`
      with out a second glance

      Beauty belongs to no one`
      and no one belongs to it,
      For its a gift with out a label`
      where all forms of perceptions can fit,

      It may change with a trend`
      or remain the same to most,
      Or become a Egotistical possession`
      were fools and slaves of it will boast,

      It could put someone up on a movie screen`
      or bring a Kingdom down,
      It can appear in a lovely smile`
      or be lost in a ugly frown,

      It can be felt in a gentle touch`
      or absent in a cruel gripping hand,
      It can be heard in a peaceful water fall`
      or vanish like sinking sand,

      Or make a person pay millions of dollars`
      just to claim it as their own,
      Or have some people mortgage their house`
      to receive the beauty of a personal loan,

      Yes Beauty is no one thing` yet everything
      may lay claim to this magnetic power,
      For we all have paid our dues to Beauty!
      But will beauty return the same to us
      in quest for a Beautiful passing within our final hour?.

      Pierre Andre, 2007 (c)
      All Rights Reserved