Forgot to introduce myself!!

  • Arlena
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2007
      My name is Arlena and my familial
      background is of the Lousiana Creole.
      I am the French Haitian portion with 1/4
      of Ireland running through my blood.
      I am attending American Univeristy in D.C. with a major
      in International Affairs and minor in Arabic Studies.
      My plan is to promote tolerance and
      understanding while eliminating ignorance.
      The title of my plan: Building steps for progress.
      I become really annoyed at people that pick at me
      because I don't fit into their stereotypical mode.

      At least here, I can find people who are like me that will
      listen to me vent about the same things they are going through.

      Thank you to the person that invited me to this site.
    • barac1998@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2007
        Welcome Arlena,
        Yes I work in the area of the study of cultures
        and bridgeing the gap between ethnicities,
        through the medium of storytelling.
        I do first person narratives and story workshops
        to teach my audieneces about other cultures.
        Take care.

        Peter

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 5, 2007
          Hi, Peter=) Sounds very interesting! I'm a writer and LOVE telling stories,
          so what you do (educating people that way) sounds very exciting=) Heather