Re: Just saying hi!

  • Authorized Tupperware Consultant for Hel
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 3, 2007
      Hi Kiran. Welcome.

      Consuelo

      Hey Kiran! Good to have you here.

      kiran8654 <kiran8654@...> wrote:

      Hey,
      I am new to this group also.
      Hi everybody.
      I am not really sure how this works.
      I dn't know why yahoo has to be so complicated.

      "prettycutetk" <prettycutetk@...> wrote:

      Hi my name is Tia. I am new to this group.
      I just wanted to introduce myself and say that
      I think this is a wonderful place for us to vent
      and talk about things that happen to us everyday.
      Have a great week!
    • Edwards, Lisa
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 3, 2007

        Hi everyone,

        My name is Lisa Edwards and I joined the group about a month ago. I’ve enjoyed reading about others’ perspectives and shared experiences.

        I identify as biracial—my mother is Latina and my father is White—and I currently live in Milwaukee , Wisconsin . I teach in the Dept. of Counseling & Educational Psychology at Marquette and my research interests include multiracial identity and Latino/a well-being.

        I attended the Loving Decision Conference in Chicago and had a wonderful time. It was such a positive, affirming environment! I hope others were able to celebrate the day.

        I’m writing to invite you to be a part of a study that my colleague and I are completing about multiracial identity. We really want to contribute to the literature by doing research that includes participants from all geographic regions and backgrounds. The details are included below, but feel free to email if you have any questions. Thanks in advance for your time!

        -Lisa

        Dear Friends & Colleagues,

        You are invited to complete a brief on-line survey about multiracial identity and well-being conducted by Dr. Jennifer Teramoto Pedrotti at California Polytechnic state University, San Luis Obispo , and Dr. Lisa Edwards, Marquette University . This research study is being conducted to gain more information about the experience of people who are biracial or multiracial. You are eligible to participate if you are over 18 years of age and your parents are of different racial/ethnic backgrounds. You will be asked to complete an anonymous survey about your experiences and attitudes about multiracial identity, and this shouldn’t take you more than 15-20 minutes.

        Your responses will be anonymous and there are no known risks for participation in this study. If you would like to be entered into a drawing to receive one of two $50.00 cash prizes, please provide your name and address at the end of the survey. Your name and address will only be used in the drawing and will not be associated with your responses. This research study has received Institutional Review Board and Human Subjects approval at California Polytechnic State University , San Luis Obispo and Marquette University .

        Participants will be entered into a drawing and two individuals will be chosen at random to receive $50.00 each!

        If you are interested in participating in this study, please go the following website:

        www.surveymonkey.com/multiracialsurvey

        Thank you and let us know if you have any questions.

        Jennifer Teramoto Pedrotti, Ph.D.

        jpedrott@...

        Lisa M. Edwards, Ph.D.

        Lisa.edwards@...

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 10, 2007
          I'm just saying 'hi', too.

          I joined a couple of weeks ago.

          This is a pretty active group
          and I've been trying to keep up.

          Is there a central place that I can follow
          threads more easily than reading each e-mail?
          In my family there is American Indian,
          European-American, and Afro-American.
          I've experienced a lot myself and with
          my child as he experiences things.

          I see a lot of posts about ignorant
          and racist comments we get socially,
          but I haven't seen anything about
          the politics within our families.

          I know that, in mine, the lightest children
          (me) have been treated very differently
          than the darkest children (my sister).
          One time, at about 12 years old, asked my mother why
          my sister was darker, and received an evasive answer
          (we were not raised in the same region that my mom's
          family was in to see the shades that her family were).

          Another issue is dating - who do we date?

          call me Ashley, for now

          ------------ --------- --------- --------- -----
[...]

          From:
          Generation-Mixed@ yahoogroups. com
          On Behalf Of
          Micah

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 10, 2007
            Hello all long time no hear.
            I wanted to ask if anyone out there is an artist.
            I am in the process of starting a new clothing line for those of us
            of multi-cultural origin as well as those who are great seamtress.
            If so please email me back.
            Thanks

            From: