Writers Wanted for Literary Zine Focusing on the Mixed Race/Ethnic Experience

  • Nicole Nicholson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2007
      Good evening! I'm posting an announcement about a new literary zine,
      Through Our Eyes. The zine will be launched this fall. The zine's
      mission: to serve as a forum for the creative expressions of
      multiracial/multi-ethnic people, their lives, and their experiences.

      Through Our Eyes is seeking submissions for Issue #1, which will be
      printed in September of 2007. This issue's theme is "Who Are We?" TOE
      is seeking original work in the following categories:

      1. Essays or First Person Narratives (max. 3,000 words);
      2. Short Stories (max. 3,000); and,
      3. Poetry (up to 4 poems per submission, no word or line limit)

      Submissions must effectively convey to readers the reality of the
      multiracial individual to be considered for publication. In other
      words, Through Our Eyes seeks to publish work that makes readers see
      the contributor's experience THROUGH THEIR EYES. Contributors should
      use vivid, thought- or feeling-provoking language to achieve this
      goal.

      For more information or to request submission guidelines, please
      contact:

      THROUGH OUR EYES
      ATTN: NICOLE NICHOLSON
      2734 E. MAIN STREET # 212
      BEXLEY, OH 43209
      PHONE: 614.340.8964
      EMAIL: THROUGHOUREYES@...
      WWW: HTTP://WWW.GEOCITIES.COM/THROUGHOUREYES

      (Note: Submissions to Through Our Eyes are on a volunteer basis.
      Contributors whose work is selected for publication will be
      compensated with two free consecutive issues of TOE.)

      Thanks,

      Nicole Nicholson, Editor
      Through Our Eyes