Re: A note on 'Self-Definition'

  • Your Highness The Queen
    Message 1 of 29 , May 28, 2007
      I understand how you feel in many ways.

      There are many who will "pass" me off as one thing or another.

      Once I had a friend whose mother always insisted I was White
      until one day she announced that her neighbor across the
      street argued with her severely, saying I was "black".

      The only great-grandfather I knew, my mother's mother's
      father, came to the United States from Norway.
      He was the eldest and patriarch of our family.
      Every year in January, for his birthday, we celebrated
      with a very Norwegian dinner of Lutefisk and Lefse.
      Although there were many other types of ancestry on my
      mothers side of things, the rest was almost overlooked,
      it was engrained into us about being Norwegian.

      The funny thing is later in life I moved to Minnesota
      (this was almost 30 years ago) where there are
      many people with Norwegian ancestry there.
      During the winter holidays, there are places serving
      lutefisk & lefse & this truly excited me because I
      hadn't had it since childhood & it had always been
      a treat (many people don't have a taste for it at all,
      but I loved it the way it had been made at home).
      I don't know why I thought I was
      going to rekindle my Norwegian roots.
      Every Minnesotan with Nordic lineage I told I was part
      Norwegian just about always gave me the same look of
      disbelief & said, "You don't look Norwegian at all."

      In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,
      "osteoron" <osteoron@...> wrote:

      "Passing" is not a choice that I make.
      It is a choice that others make
      for me based on my appearance.
      People "pass" me for White based on an
      incorrect assessment of my lineage.
      Others exclude me from my other
      racial community because they do
      not "pass" me based on my appearance.
    • mulatta_loca
      Message 2 of 29 , May 29, 2007
        I think this boils down to a matter of semantics.
        I wouldn't use the word "passing" for what you're talking about.
        To me, "passing" is something a person does deliberately.
        It seems like you're describing other people 'labeling'
        you or making 'assumptions' about your race/ethnicity.

        "osteoron" <osteoron@...> wrote:

        "Passing" is not a choice that I make.
        It is a choice that others make
        for me based on my appearance.
        People "pass" me for White based on an
        incorrect assessment of my lineage.
        Others exclude me from my other
        racial community because they do
        not "pass" me based on my appearance.
      • osteoron
        Message 3 of 29 , May 29, 2007
          It seems then that you object to the
          notion that others would pass someone.
          There is, I would imagine, a sense of a loss of
          control if others are determining this for us.

          I cannot "pass" for Asian.
          My features are not prominent enough.

          Message 4 of 29 , May 30, 2007
            This was, really, my thought, as well.
            Don't know if I explained it that way, but this is what I meant=)
            Thanks! Heather
            Message 5 of 29 , May 30, 2007
              I really don't think anyone here objects to what you say is happening in your case... regarding you being judged. My thinking is/was (when I originally posted my questions), that... a person "passing" is (to my knowledge/understanding of the word) a person who willfully chooses to do so. I do agree that others can put us in "little boxes," classifying us in the way they/or society view us. It's definitely not fair, and usually not too accurate, but it's going to happen... whether we like it or not. The thing is... as Multiracial people, we need to stand up (together) and let people know, "Hey! You will not be deciding, for me, who I am and who I define myself to be!" That is for us to decide, and anyone who says different has lost their marbles-lol! It infuriates me to hear people say, they believe race relations, in this country, have improved. I just don't see it. I mean... sure... from the 60's and the Civil Rights Era, things have improved- but, not to what they should/could be. We still have a long way to go! If not for ourselves, for our children we need to take a stand. I have seen my son go through some pretty awful name-calling (racial) and turmoil. It shouldn't be that way... but, it is. The way people see us, though, will never change. People will think, say and do as they always have- the way they please. The difference is... unlike earlier times, when individuals felt they had no choice, but to "pass," we DO have a choice. I, for one, am NOT about to lie down and allow some misguided, ignorant people to determine, for me, who I am and what I want to do in life. I am who I am, and... unless I yield to their idiotic beliefs/or views of myself, I am in NO WAY allowing them to determine who/what I will become. I would've had a real rough time back in the 60's... when all this was going on. I just could not have sat back and allowed people to disrespect me/or degrade me to the point I felt I had no choice, but to "pass." I can only imagine how very horrific and difficult that period of time must've been for those people. I do see people today who feel as if they don't have a choice in the matter. Oh, but we DO!!! Stand up! Tell people who do this to you (label you) and make you feel badly about yourself that you aren't about to allow them to do that to you... that, you are who you are and there is no way you're going to allow them, or anyone else, to decide who you are/who you get to be. They may look at you like you're foolish, or even laugh in your face. You got your point across, though! They'll definitely think twice about approaching you with that nonsense in the future. Unfortunately, this is not a perfect world we live in... nor will it be, until God makes that happen. Until then, we have to live with, interact with and tolerate people who do not like. I, too, used to get angry and think, "Yeah, right! What am I going to do to change how other's think about me? Nothing!" I used to feel like, "fighting the good fight" was not worth it. It is SOOOOOOOOO worth it!!! When you do your part, and stand true to who you are (no matter what others think of you!), you are setting an example for the youth of tomorrow... that they are special, they are strong and you can teach other people and educate them to their nonsense. It happens all the time! Take care and I hope you find peace in your own situation. Sincerely, Heather
            • osteoron
              Message 6 of 29 , May 30, 2007
                I understand.
                Ironically, the same issue presented today in my workplace.
                My coworker described my team as being a homogenous group of whites.
                I pointed out, again, "I consider myself bi-racial."
                While she apologized, she knew this about me, but still
                considers me to be 'who I appear to be' rather than 'who I am'.

                If I had a better term to use other than "passing",
                that may help to eliminate any confusion.

                I appreciate your thoughts.

                Message 7 of 29 , May 31, 2007
                  Your coworker actually SAID THAT to you??? Oooooooooh, I would be mad! It sounds like you've given her ample opportunity to be respectful toward you, but she continues to feign ignorance. This is just my opinion, but... if I were you, I would tell your coworker exactly how you feel and that you will not tolerate any rudeness or foolishness on her part. Let her know that, if she doesn't "get it right," you will not hesitate to go to your superior- and, by all means, follow through with that, if need be! This is what I mean by "taking a stand." If you allow this coworker to continue treating you in such a blatantly disrespectful manner... what sort of message would you be sending her, and other coworkers? That it's o.k. for them to say or do anything toward you that they wish??? I'm sure that's not what you want. I'm sure... if you do a little investigating, the company you work for has some sort of anti-discriminatory policy in place- for situations like this. If not, now is the time to question why they don't have one. I truly feel for you. No one should have to endure the sort of humiliation that you've described! Hang in there and let us know how things go=) Sincerely, Heather
                • mulatta_loca

                    Message 9 of 29 , May 31, 2007
                      Hi Heather

                      Thanks for the support.

                      Surprisingly, I don't feel humiliated. I see this as her issue.
                      I met with my supervisor and coworker today to discuss the issue.
                      Unfortunately, when I spoke of my heritage and some of the
                      cultural differences, the discussion did not go very well.
                      I maintained that as a person of two cultures and
                      two races people react to me and have expectations
                      of me based on how I look rather than who I am.

                      Sadly, I work in a profession that is supposed to be sensitive to
                      cultural and racial issues, but this is proving not to be the case.

                      Message 10 of 29 , Jun 1, 2007
                        That's terrible! I'm very sorry to hear that.
                        Have you ever thought of a career change or, possibly, starting
                        your own small business with the skills you currently have?
                        I'm not sure what it is you do, but I'm sure that there are people
                        out there who'd appreciate someone like you to work for/with them.
                        Hang in there! Things will work out=)
                        Just remember: no one- including you!- deserves to be humiliated
                        and demeaned, based on something as superficial as race/heritage.
                        That's just not right.
                        Heather
                      • osteoron
                        Message 11 of 29 , Jun 2, 2007
                          Yes, I have thought of it.
                          And no, I wouldn't do that.

                          Thanks for the support though.

                          I work in the social services sector and I
                          wouldn't be able to do the work that I enjoy.
                          I am helping to help shape the community,
                          help others and at least make a small dent
                          in some of these issues from a grass roots
                          and political perspective by empowering
                          young people in the community.

                          It just sucks some days.

                        • nacaomestica@nacaomestica.org
                          Message 12 of 29 , Jun 5, 2007
                            The Brazilian culture and people traditionally
                            recognize Mixed identities, as of the 'Mulatto', the
                            'Cafuzo' (Native+Black) and the 'Caboclo' (Native+White).

                            However, the current leftist Brazilian government
                            (of the 'Party of the Workers' - 'Partido dos
                            Trabalhadores', PT) is undertaking a anti-Mestizo politics.

                            This politics is specily lead by racial movements
                            linked to the party of the president Lula who is
                            introducing the 'One Drop Rule' in the country.

                            The 'Movimento Pardo-Mestiço Brasileiro'
                            ('Brazilian Mestizo Movement'), or
                            'Nação Mestiça' ('Mestizo Nation'),
                            was organized to defend the right of the
                            'Mestizos' to be identified as 'Mestizos'
                            (in Portuguese the word for
                            'Multiracial/Ethnic' is 'Mestiço').

                            The 'Mestizos' has been excluded of
                            the governmental politics and Mestizo
                            movement has been suffered persecutions.

                            We thank the Multi-Ethnic organizations help
                            us denounce this anti-'Mestizo' politics.

                            EUA
                            Mestiços dos EUA comemoram legalização do
                            casamento inter-racial no país
                            1 de junho de 2007
                            AMEA - Association of MultiEthnic Americans
                            e outras organizações
                            mestiças dos EUA estão preparando a Loving Decision Conference.
                            A conferência internacional faz parte das comemorações do 40.º
                            aniversário da Loving versus Virgínia (1967), a decisão da Suprema
                            Corte dos EUA que legalizou o casamento inter-racial nos EUA.
                            Informa a AMEA - Association of MultiEthnic Americans que o evento
                            visar ser a primeira vez na história dos EUA que estarão reunidos
                            casais "inter-raciais", indivíduos "multi-raciais/étnicos" e
                            adotados "trans-raciais", além de políticos, educadores/estudantes,
                            celebridades, e organizações ativistas representativas de todas as
                            comunidades para tratar sobre a mestiçagem nos EUA.
                            O Movimento Pardo-Mestiço Brasileiro foi convidado.
                            Loving Decision Conference 2007: The Next 40 Years of Multiracial
                            Communities
                            ocorrerá em Chicago, Illinois, de 21 a 24 de junho.
                            Eventos comemorativos também ocorrerão em Nova Iorque, Portland,
                            Berkeley, Los Angeles, Seattle e outras cidades.

                            Página Inicial   Nosso Fórum / Nuestro Foro / Our Forum
                            Hemeroteca.
                            As páginas de divulgação de artigos e materiais e textos
                            jornalísticos, já publicadas por outras instituições, que
                            abordam temas e fatos relacionados a assuntos étnicos e
                            raciais e o conteúdo e as opiniões neles expostos são de
                            responsabilidade de seus autores, não necessariamente expressando
                            no todo ou em parte opiniões ou posicionamentos do Nação Mestiça.

                            Textos assinados são de inteira responsabilidade de seus autores.
                            Movimento Pardo-Mestiço Brasileiro
                            Todos os direitos reservados

                            www.nacaomestica.org
                          • c09981
                            Message 13 of 29 , Jun 5, 2007
                              I never heard about this. What is their supposed rationale?

                              In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,

                              Anti-Mestizo politics in Brazil

                              nacaomestica@...
                              <nacaomestica@...> wrote:

                              From http://nacaomestica.org/noticia_070601_lovingdecision.htm

[...]
                              A Loving Decision Conference 2007: The Next 40 Years of Multiracial
                              Communities ocorrerá em Chicago, Illinois, de 21 a 24 de junho.
                              Eventos comemorativos também ocorrerão em Nova Iorque, Portland,
                              Berkeley, Los Angeles, Seattle e outras cidades.

                              Página Inicial Nosso Fórum /
                              Nuestro Foro / Our Forum Hemeroteca.
                              As páginas de divulgação de artigos e materiais e textos
                              jornalísticos, já publicadas por outras instituições, que
                              abordam temas e fatos relacionados a assuntos étnicos e
                              raciais e o conteúdo e as opiniões neles expostos são de
                              responsabilidade de seus autores, não necessariamente expressando
                              no todo ou em parte opiniões ou posicionamentos do Nação Mestiça.

                              Textos assinados são de inteira responsabilidade de seus autores.
                              DENUNCIE A POLÍTICA DO GOVERNO BRASILEIRO CONTRA MESTIÇOS
                              DENUNCIE LA POLÍTICA DEL GOBIERNO BRASILEÑO CONTRA MESTIZOS
                              DENOUNCE THE POLICY OF THE BRAZILIAN GOVERNMENT AGAINST MESTIZOS
                              Message 14 of 29 , Jun 5, 2007
                                There are various ‘Black’ [-only] Movements
                                in Brazil --- of diverse lines of thought.

                                The Afro-descendant Movements in Brazil
                                traditionally liked the Miscegenation,
                                since the time of the slavery (abolished
                                in Brazil in 1888 by the Princess Isabel).

                                In the Black population there
                                is supporting for it – and in
                                traditional Black [-only] Movements.

                                The Brazilian culture distinguishes
                                a 'Mulatto' [person] from a 'Black'
                                [person] and [also] a 'White' [person].

                                In Brazil, 'White' is someone
                                who "looks" like to be a 'White'.

                                Colin Powell in Brazil would not
                                be considered a 'Black' [person]
                                by the absolute majority of the
                                Brazilians, but a 'Mulatto' [person].

                                A ‘Caboclo’ (Native + White) ...
                                is not seen as an ‘Indian’ –
                                a ‘Caboclo’, although he know to
                                descend of Aboriginals, he does
                                not have 'bonds or memory of' the
                                Native ethnic groups he descends.

                                Organized groups, various linked
                                to political parties, however, had
                                perceived that they could give a
                                character of ethnic and racial
                                conflict to the Brazilian chronic
                                social conflicts generated by poverty,
                                land and income concentration;
                                a claim of a population without-land
                                transformed into claim of a “ethnic group”
                                without-land could gain great force.

                                To divide the Brazilian territory between
                                "racial" groups started to be seen
                                as a way for the agrarian reform.

                                Some ones understood that would be necessary
                                to join ‘Mestizos', 'Mulattos’, ‘Cafuzos’ and
                                other ‘Mestizos’ (Afro-descendants) in the
                                ‘Black’ category to "unify" the Movement -
                                educating these -- to link themselves 'only'
                                to its African origins and to reject its
                                bond with the ‘White’; the cross-racial
                                ‘identity’, something strong in the
                                Brazilian culture, became an obstacle
                                for these groups – a motivation for
                                some of these groups have an aggressive
                                position against the 'Mestizo' Movement.

                                In Brazil, the Census Classifies the
                                Racial / Color groups in five Categories:
                                White (Branco), Black (Preto), Brown
                                (Pardo), Yellow (Amarelo) and Indian (Indio)
                                .

                                The ‘Pardos’ are 'Mestizos' of Intermediate
                                color between the 'White' and the 'Black' color.

                                ‘Black’ [-only] Movements linked to the government
                                had decided that Negro = ‘Black’ + ‘Brown’
                                (in Brazil, the ‘Black’ [-only] Movements
                                call theirselves “Movimentos Negros”),
                                although many of these ‘Browns’ are a
                                Cross-Race of ‘Indians’ and not of ‘Blacks’.

                                This, however, is only one aspect.

                                Only for help (we don’t endorse
                                necessarily all the article), the
                                selections of the following text (from
                                http://www.brazzil.com/content/view/9656/78/ )
                                can help to explain other aspects:

                                Brazil Wants to Ban Mulattos

                                ... and Give Blacks an ID.

                                They Call This Progress

                                Janer Cristaldo

                                A stupidity cloud seems to hover over the
                                Brazilian National Congress these days.

                                Not that it would be easy to find any
                                intelligent cloud over the Congress.

                                But now there's a high concentration of stupidity and
                                the whole country is threatened with a stupidity rain.

                                Two projects, that intend to send Brazil two
                                centuries back are being discussed in Brasília.

                                One of them, by senator Paulo Paim, already
                                approved in the Senate, wants to send Brazil
                                ’back to the racist America of the America when
                                Jim Crow laws were in force ‘or perhaps to the ‘Hitlerist
                                Germany’ or even to the ‘South Africa of Apartheid’.

                                To be honest, I have nothing
                                new to say about the matter.

                                Since talks about quotas started I have
                                been denouncing this tactic adopted by
                                the Black [-only] Movements as something
                                that will only serve to stimulate racism.

                                The stupidity keeps moving on
                                with ever increasing audacity.

                                While before all we talked about were
                                quotas, senator Paim's project now
                                intends to identify Brazilians by
                                race, as it was … in Nazi Germany.

                                Is the stupidity being repeated?

                                This chronicler feels compelled to repeat himself.

                                I have already commented on the Statute
                                of Racial Equality, when I denounced
                                recently ‘the extinction of the Mulatto’.

                                With a stroke of a pen, the senator intends to
                                extirpate from the country's history the most
                                evident proof of the good racial conviviality.

                                The expedient is elementary.

                                As [full] ‘Black’ [people] comprise a mere 5.4 %
                                of the to call ‘Black’ the whole ‘Mulatto’ contingent,
                                which represents 39.9% of the population.

                                Give a little time and Brazil will be
                                defined as being for the most part-Black.

                                By the way, this is how the country is already
                                seen by many Americans and Europeans.

                                The intention is to adopt the American model,
                                ---- which does not ‘admit Miscegenation’.

                                It's either Black or White.

                                Some intellectuals, able to escape the herd
                                spirit that characterizes the species, presented
                                to the Congress a document with 114 signatures,
                                with arguments opposing the Statute and
                                the reserves required by racial quotas.

                                Right away the document was satanized as the
                                "White Elite's Manifesto," as if the mean White
                                men were interested in maintaining the Black
                                population far away from their territory.

                                The government, which since then
                                had been insisting on maintaining the
                                academic quotas, felt compelled to back out.

                                Now they are talking about social quotas.

                                (...)

                                The senator's project still anticipates the creation of
                                a special ID that will identify 'Black' people racially.

                                According to the statute, 'Black' [people] will
                                be required to carry their 'Black' ID card.

                                It's funny to observe that in past decades
                                the Black [-only] Movements had arrived at
                                the conclusion that "race" 'doesn't exist’.

                                Now it does exist and must appear in a document.

                                Since Whitening is quite generalized in Brazil,
                                perhaps a better solution would be to create
                                a tattoo or another very visible accessory,
                                like Hitler created in Germany …

                                If such monstrosity is approved this country
                                where miscegenation has always been the rule
                                will start to officially discriminate by race.

                                We are walking with large steps
                                towards a Black [-only] Nazism.

                                (...)

                                (...).

                                Janer Cristaldo - holds a Ph.D. from University of
                                Paris, Sorbonne - is an author, translator, lawyer,
                                phillosopher and journalist and lives in São Paulo.
                                Translated from the Portuguese by Arlindo Silva.

                                <nacaomestica@ nacaomestica. org> wrote:

                                From http://nacaomestica .org/noticia_ 070601_lovingdec ision.htm

[...]

                              • Rommel Santos
                                Message 15 of 29 , Jun 7, 2007
                                  nacaomestica:

                                  If you laid out the facts right, I must
                                  say that the racist policy is definitely
                                  unjust and contrary to human dignity.

                                  You are probably right questioning the
                                  current leftist government of Brazil.

                                  How sad that a country that presents
                                  itself as a model of racial tolerance takes
                                  on a path contrary to its good reputation.

                                  PS:

                                  I take it you're Brazilian.
                                  Well, I've been to a Brazilian restaurant
                                  (which served churasco (did I spell it right?).
                                  Boy, was it deeeeeeeee-licious! Exotic too.

                                  Yours,
                                  Rommel Santos

                                • docilechicken24
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Jun 14, 2007
                                    This is what confuses me.

                                    The policy is unjust to Mixed race persons ability to 'identify'
                                    otherwise from Afro-Brazillians, yet it sounds like the reasons
                                    for doing it are to give them better access to opportunity within
                                    Brazillian society that they don't really have right now.

                                    I know in some people in my school went to Rio de Janeiro
                                    (I am pretty sure that was the city at least)
                                    and studied affirmative action that is being
                                    experimented with in colleges cause the colleges
                                    don't have dark-skinned Mulatto or Blacks in them.

                                    If the Mulattoes and Blacks aren't united under one banner,
                                    how could they implement a program like that, that is
                                    giving them greater access to resources and opportunities.

                                    I don't think it is a clear cut issues either way.

                                    From http://nacaomestica.org/noticia_070601_lovingdecision.htm

                                    EUA
                                    Mestiços dos EUA comemoram legalização do
                                    casamento inter-racial no país1 de junho de 2007
                                    A AMEA - Association of MultiEthnic Americans e outras organizações
[...]

                                  • eekmod
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Jun 15, 2007
                                      When people call me for phone surveys, they always ask for my race and
                                      I always say, "Mixed," which confounds them. There's no box to check!
                                      For some reason, these surveyors don't even have an "other" box.
                                      I always pick according to my mood of the
                                      day: Asian or White. But it's annoying.

                                      People used to ask me if I was "Mixed."
                                      These days I must look less "Mixed," because now people
                                      think I am White and tired looking due to the Asian-ness
                                      of my eyes and the way my eyelids have always been.

                                      I am thinking of getting a T-shirt made that
                                      says, "I'm not tired, I am half-Asian."
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Jun 16, 2007

                                        I love the T-shirt idea- lololol=)
                                        People can be so ignorant! I know what you mean.
                                        I LOOK just white, so therefore people consider me just white.
                                        Now that I know the full truth of my heritage, I make
                                        it a point to correct anyone who thinks otherwise.
                                        It can be tiring "educating" people...
                                        especially people who could really care less!
                                        It's something that needs to be done, though.
                                        Have a great day! Heather
                                      • kier22_2
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Jun 18, 2007
                                          Do it! get your teeshirt made.
                                          It does it tiring (lol) after a
                                          while having to explain yourself.

                                          Message 20 of 29 , Nov 19, 2011
                                            On 'Self-Definition'

                                            When finding myself speaking with Mixed-Race people
                                            who (in reaction to intimidation by pressure from the
                                            `One-Droppist' – of all "racial" combinations – that
                                            they have encountered – rather than out of some
                                            personal choice) feel pressured to go through life
                                            "passing as a `mono'-racial",  I try to share with them of
                                            some of the following conclusions I have made about life.

                                            These conclusions are as follows:

                                            ***To have the 'courage to acknowledge' one's
                                            Ethnicity or Family Lineage as being Mixed-Race
                                            IS NOT the same as "separating oneself from" or
                                            "denying any part" of one's "Mono"-Racial lineages.

                                            ***To have the 'fortitude to proclaim' that one's
                                            Mixed-Race heritage IS NOT about focusing on anything
                                            as petty or divisive as `visible' skin coloring, hair texture,
                                            facial features, etc. – NOR IS IT about any measurements
                                            of `quantum' or `percentage' of "racial" mixtures.

                                            ***To have the `strength to hold onto' one's Mixed-Race
                                            heritage IS actually about acknowledging the struggle that
                                            your ancestors went through (against their volition)
                                            and their survival -- against all odds -- made in
                                            order to pave the way for you to exist.

                                            ***A Mixed-Race person can be so via their Culture
                                            (such as
                                            Creoles and Latinos);via their Lineage
                                            (such as people who are of a Multi-Generational
                                            Multiracially-Mixed -–
                                            MGM-Mixed – lineage) ;
                                            via their Parentage (such as people who are of
                                            First-Generational Multiracially-Mixed -– FGM-Mixed –
                                            parentage) – and via their Ethnicity (such as Arabs and
                                            many of the members of the group that today is generally
                                            referred to as
                                            'African-American ') ------- and that all
                                            of these Mixed-Race types can easily describe the
                                            `unique social, cultural, racial blending' of individuals
                                            and events `whose presence tells of the struggle
                                            and championing of proud and strong people'.

                                            ***Every single Mixed-Race person  -- whether they
                                            are Mixed-Race via their Culture; Lineage; Parentage
                                            or Ethnicity --- has just as much a right to acknowledge
                                            the Multi-RACIAL lineages within their heritage
                                            – as
                                            does any Mixed-Race person – no matter their appearance;
                                            features; experiences; upbringing or choice of `identity'.

                                            *** Every single Mixed-Race person on earth has
                                            the God-given right to choose their own individual
                                            `identity'
                                            with which they feel most comfortable --
                                            as, ones' personal acknowledgement, acceptance and
                                            embracing of a matter is often a thousand times more
                                            empowering than if the whole world also decided
                                            to affirm what one already knows to be true.

                                            Just a thought. ;;)

                                            Have a great day. :)

                                            Related Links:

                                            http//groups.yahoo.com/group/Generation-Mixed/message/1400

                                                                                                                        -- AllPeople G.i.f.t.s (c)
                                          • Connie Ware-Berg
                                            Message 21 of 29 , Nov 20, 2011

                                              I would like to share this e-mail with another group I am in if I may. But I would like to ask your permission first. Thank you, Connie

                                              Message 22 of 29 , Nov 20, 2011
                                                Hi Connie,

                                                Thank you so much for you memo!!

                                                Please feel more than free to share this memo / posting with anyone
                                                that you would like (and
                                                I do feel honored by your wanting to share it). :)

                                                [The one request I would like to add is that you also include a link to
                                                the
                                                'Generation-Mixed' webpage  (so that people can see that it is a
                                                'copyrighted' posting ... as I have, more than once, seen my postings
                                                re-posted all over the web with either no or the wrong 'authorship')

                                                -- and also the
                                                'Contact'  information to my email address (just
                                                in case anyone has any questions in regards to the topic of the
                                                posting
                                                ) -- both of which are noted at the very end of the posting.
                                                ]

                                                Thanks again Connie -- you are great and we are all so
                                                happy that you are a part of the Gen-Mixed Community !!!

                                                Have a wonderful day -- and continue
                                                to always 'stay true' to who you are!

                                                -- APGifts (soaptalk@...)

[...]

                                                Composed and Posted by