Re: [Generation-Mixed] Hello I am Chasity.

  • Erica (Raven) Branch-Butler
    Message 1 of 23 , May 8, 2007
      Hi, Chastity--

      Welcome to the group!

      I, too am Black and Native ... And
      Irish, And English, And West Indian!

      I'm more of a Goth-- and an old one at that!
      I'm a bass player for a Gothic/
      Industrial band called Legion Within.

      I'm copper skinned, reddish haired,
      brown eyes that turn hazel.

      Once again, welcome to the group!

      Raven

      chasity_cofield <chasity_cofield@...> wrote:

      Hey I'm Chasity and I'm mainly black and native american.
      I have white, italin, mexican, and jamican
      in me but I mainly am called emoblackgirl.
      I'm emo as you guys hurd from my neck name.
      Im brown skinned with diffrent lengths of hair.
      I go to Pinkneyville and I have a rough time
      there about which race I choose to act like.
      In general I have a bad life. I dont think you
      guys will understand this, being that I'm only 14.
      Well I hope you guys will contact me back.
      chasity.

    • kier22_2
      Message 2 of 23 , May 9, 2007
        Hi Chasity,

        I am a light-skinned "black" girl with a mix of Jamacian, Colombian,
        French, Native American & I also have relatives on Grand Turk Island.
        I am older than you but I can understand how hard
        it is not fitting in in school. I didn't either.
        I went to a High School in NYC that was mostly Hispanic.
        I look Hispanic but I am not & I don't speak Spanish.
        So I looked Hispanic and all of the black kids thought group.
        I can tell you one thing that is a fact.
        Be who you are. This hard time is temporary.
        Once you are out of School it wont matter.
        Keep your head up girl & remember to stay true to who you are.
        contact me at kier22_2@... if you want to talk some more.

        Kier.

        Hey I'm Chasity and I'm mainly black and native american.
        I have white, italin, mexican, and jamican
        in me but I mainly am called emoblackgirl.
        I'm emo as you guys hurd from my neck name.
        Im brown skinned with diffrent lengths of hair.
        I go to Pinkneyville and I have a rough time
        there about which race I choose to act like.
        In general I have a bad life. I dont think you
        guys will understand this, being that I'm only 14.
        Well I hope you guys will contact me back.
        chasity.
        <<<
      • Sonya Tang
        Message 3 of 23 , May 9, 2007
          Dear Chasity,

          Welcome on board! It's really good to have you here :-)
          I was reading your post, and I understand where you are coming from.
          I'd really like to clarify a few things though.
          There is no such thing as a "Jamaican" or "French" race.
          Basically, most people who live in other countries
          such as those are not of any one homogeneous race.
          They either belong to Caucasian, East Indian,
          Chinese, African, Spanish, or Mixes of these races.
          So when you go to Jamaica, you should expect to find people
          of varying races, such as African, East Indian, Chinese, etc.
          The islands from which I was born and raised are Trinidad and Tobago.
          These islands were colonised by the British a very long
          time ago and throughout time many "races" of people
          of varying nationalities settled on these islands.
          Now that the islands are independent, we have a rich racial unity
          of East Indian, Chinese, African, Spanish, Caucasian, and Mixed
          races, yet our culture is that of Trinidadian and Tobagonian.
          For someone from another country to say that a Trinidadian person
          is expected to "look" a certain way would be entirely wrong.
          This is why I believe that when specifying race,
          it should not be confused with one's nationality.
          Because race and nationality are two entirely different things.
          For example, someone may be born and living in China, yet
          he or she does NOT necessarily have to be of Chinese race.
          Instead, he or she could be of any other
          race, such as East Indian, or Caucasian.
          I hope I was able to enlighten you and others a bit.
          Thank you for sharing your story with us, and always remember that
          God accepts us and loves us no matter how we look on the outside :-)

          kier22_2 <kier22_2@...> wrote:
          Hi Chasity,

          I am a light-skinned "black" girl with a mix of Jamacian, Colombian,
          French, Native American & I also have relatives on Grand Turk Island.
          I am older than you but I can understand how hard
          it is not fitting in in school. I didn't either.
          I went to a High School in NYC that was mostly Hispanic.
          I look Hispanic but I am not & I don't speak Spanish.
          So I looked Hispanic and all of the black kids thought group.
          I can tell you one thing that is a fact.
          Be who you are. This hard time is temporary.
          Once you are out of School it wont matter.
          Keep your head up girl & remember to stay true to who you are.
          contact me at kier22_2@peoplepc. com if you want to talk some more.

          Kier.

          Hey I'm Chasity and I'm mainly black and native american.
          I have white, italin, mexican, and jamican
          in me but I mainly am called emoblackgirl.
          I'm emo as you guys hurd from my neck name.
          Im brown skinned with diffrent lengths of hair.
          I go to Pinkneyville and I have a rough time
          there about which race I choose to act like.
          In general I have a bad life. I dont think you
          guys will understand this, being that I'm only 14.
          Well I hope you guys will contact me back.
          chasity.
          <<<

        • queen_jas44
          Message 4 of 23 , May 9, 2007
            Hey Chasity,

            I know what you feel like. My mom does to.

            My mom is a dark skin black woman, but everyone else in
            her family is real light and has really straight hair.
            Her grand mother even has blond hair and
            blue eyes, so she always felt out of place.

            Now me i was born with white skin, blue eyes and blond hair.
            My dad is Asian.

            So you know growing up a felt out of place.
            But I was luckily to have my mom there for me and helping me.
            My dad helped too, but girls tend to
            go more to there mom then to there dad.
            I do just say i am black, but I do know i have other things in me.
            If you need any help please email me.

            In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,

[...]

          • rolyan7
            Message 5 of 23 , May 13, 2007
              Chasity. Please do some research! You are a "Creole"
              Hispanics, well some are also, a Mix of Indian & White, and Mulatto.
              The term is usually quite commonly in the CARIBBEAN and Lousianna.
              I am a Creole myself and in JAMAICA, i am regarded as a "Browning"
              CREOLE IS MORE RECOGNIZED. A Creole can
              also be "white" person and also a language.
              All you confused Americans (exception Lousianna) should
              embrace that term more often and identify yourself that way.
              It is so much simplier. Peace and Love to all
              Mulattoes, Creoles, Whites, blacks, etc.

              Message 6 of 23 , May 14, 2007
                Hi all,

                I just have to say this & then leave it alone.

                I am noticing a few people on this forum
                telling others how to "classify" themselves.

                Please stop.

                What you choose to call yourself is a personal
                choice & the reason why a lot of us have chosen
                to be a part of 'Generation-Mixed'.
                Partly because others have chosen to "classify" us.
                We know or are at least researching who we are and
                I am sure you have our best interest in heart,
                let the people here "classify" hemselves.

                Thank you,
                Kier

[...]

              • mulatta_loca
                Message 7 of 23 , May 14, 2007
                  I know what you mean. In the U.S. people tend to
                  think of 'race' and 'nationality' as the same thing.
                  When I tell people that my father is Jamaican
                  they usually reply; "Oh, so he's Black."
                  In reality, he's Mixed and when I was a kid would
                  identify himself as "a good lookin' brown man."

[...]

                • Courtney T.
                  Message 8 of 23 , May 14, 2007
                    I agree, some people really are being too pushy about these things.
                    While your intentions are to be informative, people
                    take their identities seriously and personally.
                    It is really not your place to tell someone
                    how to personally identify themselves.

                    Thank you,
                    CJ

                    "kier22_2" <kier22_2@> wrote:

[...]

                  • fayem fayem
                    Message 9 of 23 , May 18, 2007

                      hello   kk parle francais?
                    • Trevia Hardiman
                      Message 10 of 23 , May 19, 2007
                        bonjour..... un pue francais :) Toi?

                        fayem fayem <fayem2006@...> wrote:

                        hello   kk parle francais?

                      • fayem fayem
                        Message 11 of 23 , May 19, 2007
                          yes...someone told me that there was people from
                          the french creole culture around here....and canada....
                          me i speak because my mum is french.....there is creole here?