anybody here containing either: east Indian, Italian, and/or white?

  • xxdesi_govind88xx
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 2007
      im 19, male...when i was a younger, i always thought that i was mixed
      with just Italian, n white. i even look white, so i thought my parents
      was right. my mom is very dark though. golden color skin, very very
      dark brown hair, sunkissed. also, her hair is very thick n bulky. her
      hair is NOT Italian, its more. my dad is dark too, but he claims to be
      just white. well, last year my stepmom told me that my paternal
      grandpa was adopted, than my mom said the same thing. also, my great
      grandma from my dads side never mentioned her ethnicity. well, a
      couple years ago, my mom told me that we're gypsies (romani) and she
      said my ancestors r from Indiia. i asked how she knew, and my grandma
      told her about it. she said that when our ancestors left Indiia, they
      settled in Italy. im mixed with a lot of Italian too. well, from what
      i know about my race so far, im mostly east Indian, with Italian. but
      i look kinda white. anybody have these ethnicities in their
      background, or similar?
    • mizpreston23
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 29, 2007
        Yes, are u refering to the Moors? I think that I am correct,
        the Moors are people that settled in Italy and they
        are mixed with Italian, North African, some French.
        Most of the great kings and queens of Europe were of some
        "moorish" descent, some denied that because Moors are so dark.
        I do have some Moorish ancestry from the Savoy family and
        the Royal House of Savoy who were from Italy and Sardinia .
      • xxdesi_govind88xx
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 30, 2007
          No, im not Moor...Moors r from northern africa, like u said
          ....Im Romani (gypsy), and my ancestors r from Indiia.
          im very sure of this. my mom was telling me stories passed
          down by our ancestors of their life in Indiia, and how hard
          it was for them to be their during the British Rule (our
          ancestors left Indiia in either the late 1800s or early 1900s).
          We originally were members of the Kshatriya (warrior) class, but
          during the Mughal empire and the British rule, we became peasants.
          we were street cleaners, worked in sewers, all that lowly jobs.
          i guess the reason people affililate the Roma with black magic
          is because when we were in Indiia, we prayed mainly to Kaali Maa,
          themother of destruction, representing good for the good, bad
          for the evil. Kaali Maa is one of the deities in Hnduism.
          we fled Indiia, and settled in very southern Adriatic
          tip of Italy in a sea village. now, my mom said that
          we also mixed in with some of the Italians too...
          but im not sure, my mom aint either.
          but my moms features are more Indian than Italian.
          and the Moors ur talking about, i think most
          southern Italians and Sicilians are Moorish.
          my stepdad is more Moorish, and
          looks nothing like what my mom does.
          people will tell my mom she looks "gypsy", Romani.

          In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,
          "mizpreston23" <mizpreston23@...> wrote:

          Yes, are u refering to the Moors? I think that I am correct,
          the Moors are people that settled in Italy and they
          are mixed with Italian, North African, some French.
          Most of the great kings and queens of Europe were of some
          "moorish" descent, some denied that because Moors are so dark.
          I do have some Moorish ancestry from the Savoy family and
          the Royal House of Savoy who were from Italy and Sardinia .
        • Shannon Bax
          Message 4 of 4 , May 1, 2007
            Hey, a lot of people say that I can 'pass' for White too.
            Because, I am very 'high yellow' complexioned.
            I guess you can say that my complexion
            is ivory or very light-brown skin.
            But I have come to find out by a friend of mine
            that knows my dad that my dad's mother was White.
            I don't know which country she is from but my
            grandmother on my dad's side of the family
            was known as being White before she died.
            She died 2 or 3 years after I was
            born, and I'm a 35 year old female...

            Blondie

            From: "xxdesi_govind88xx" <xxdesi_govind88xx@...>