Re: [Generation-Mixed] Re: One Box Rule!

  • DENISE BAKER
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 12, 2007
      I know the U.S Census of 2000 set precedence by allowing a
      person for the 1st time in history to "mark one or more races
      to indicate what...he/she...considers himself/herself to be."

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 18, 2007
        We've never checked just one box.
        No matter what the directions says! LOL

        With all 4 of my kids, and my husband,
        it's always been black/white/other.
        Yes, all 3 of them.
        The statistic collector can
        figure it out from there....

        Lynne

        In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,

[...]

      • Shannon Bax
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 20, 2007
          Hi Lynne,

          I know that 's right. When I apply for schools and jobs I
          put all that apply to me and that is black, White, and Other
          too...because, I know for a fact that I can't claim just one race.
          I have to claim all because I know that
          I am Mixed with a lot of races.....

          Blondie