Spotlight on: 'Lisa Foronda'

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 11, 2007

      Lisa Foronda

      Lisa Foronda has worked as an anchor
      at the KHOU-TV station newscasts
      (in Houston, TX) at 5pm and 10pm.

      She joined the station in September, 1997
      from WTSP-TV in Tampa, Florida where
      she anchored the weekend newscasts.

      Lisa began her broadcast career the day
      after she graduated in 1991 with a BS in
      telecommunication from the University
      of Florida, driving west on I-10 from
      Florida to the town of San Angelo, Texas.

      Lisa soon landed a job as a reporter and
      weekend anchor for WEVU-TV in Fort Myers.

      She stayed there 10 months before heading
      up I-75 to her hometown of Tampa, where
      she served as weekend anchor and reporter
      for three-and-a-half years at WTSP-TV.

      Lisa volunteers for Taping for the Blind,
      which provides radio broadcasts of
      newspapers and other publications.

      Lisa is a first generation American on her
      father's side (he's Filipino) and second
      generation on her mother's (who is German).

      She enjoys cooking when she has the time,
      curling up with a good book, scuba diving,
      running marathons (nine and counting) and
      spending time with her dogs, Bailey and Finn.

      SOURCE:  http://www.khou.com/insidekhou/newsteam/lforonda.html