Re: Michelle Malkin's White Supremacist Ties (Article)

  • mulatta_loca
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 2, 2007
      It sort of seems like she was influenced a lot by
      her husband who was right wing before she was.
      Of course that's no excuse.
      She's still responsible for her own rhetoric.

      Also -- the online magazine `Golden Sea' did an article
      on her in which they noted some details about her life.

      http://www.goldsea.com/Personalities/Malkin/malkin.html
      <http://www.goldsea.com/Personalities/Malkin/malkin.html>

      Additional articles:

      http://mediamatters.org/items/200408110001
      <http://mediamatters.org/items/200408110001>
      http://malkinwatch.blogsome.com/2006/06/23/195/
      <http://malkinwatch.blogsome.com/2006/06/23/195/>
      http://onepeoplesproject.com/index.php?
      option=com_content&task=view&id=172&Itemid=33
      http://mediamatters.org/items/200603290003
      <http://mediamatters.org/items/200603290003>

      j s <creolescience@> wrote:

      I don't know for sure but I think she basically is an
      attractive woman who is using her looks and her positions
      to cater to white men and thus ensure her financial future.
      What better way to confirm ones racism as being aceptable
      than by having a non-white repeat it back to you?
      She is probably just doing an act like O'Reilly,
      who I think is more of a performer than an actual
      commentator, and knows where her bread is buttered.
      I think the word uncle tom or collaborator
      would probably be appropriate for her.

      mulatta_loca <rosanna_armendariz@...> wrote:

      What's the deal with Michelle Malkin?
      I've seen her on TV a couple times, but couldn't figure out
      why this Asian/Latina-looking woman was spewing such hate.
      Does anybody know anything about her family
      history, where she grew up, etc...Just curious.

      "multiracialbookclub" <soaptalk@> wrote:

      Michelle Malkin's
      White Supremacist Ties

      -- written by Alex Koppelman

      Bill O'Reilly was mad at the media [when] ....
      a former CIA analyst, Ray McGovern, had attacked
      Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and no one in the
      media had mentioned McGovern's "far-left credentials."

      "He's just off the chart," O'Reilly said.
      "He's a far-left dedicated zealot, and the press,
      after he does it, just says, Oh, he's just a
      CIA analyst,' like he's got some credibility.

      Come on!"

      And, of course, this was just more evidence
      of the media's insidious liberal bias.

      "If this McGovern guy had ties to the Ku Klux
      Klan or the John Birch society," O'Reilly said,
      "don't you think that would have been in the headline? ...
      If this guy had been a right-wing nut instead of a left-wing
      nut, number one, he never would have got on television,
      and number two, they would have slaughtered him."

      And then O'Reilly had Michelle Malkin on.

      Oh well --- it was a nice strawman while it lasted, Bill.

      See, Malkin, a conservative columnist, blogger and
      Fox News contributor, has some affiliations of her
      own, some skeletons in the closet O'Reilly never
      bothered to mention -- skeletons like VDARE.com.

      Named for Virginia Dare, the first White person born in the
      New World, the site has been named by the anti-racist
      Southern Poverty Law Center as a hate group.
      And for good reason ... the site is dedicated to pushing
      the kind of pseudo-science the Nazis could have
      only dreamed of using to support their racial fantasies.
      Forget phrenology: VDARE spends its time flogging
      books that purport to prove that the average IQ of
      sub-Saharan Africans is ... below the accepted
      standard criteria for a diagnosis of mental retardation.
      (The Anti-Defamation League notes that the
      author of the linked review, J. Philippe Rushton,
      has been less than subtle about his racism.
      "During [a] 1996 conference...
      Rushton lectured at length
      about ... various races ...
      'Not to reinforce stereotypes,' he has
      said elsewhere, 'but it's a trade-off ...'
      He has also stated that Nazi Germany's
      military prowess was due in part
      to the 'purity' of their gene pool.")

      Malkin's ties to the site are legion:
      it regularly prints her column,
      while she employs one of its writers,
      Juan Mann, as the principal writer of her
      "Immigration Blog" and lists the site on her blogroll.

      And it's not as if Malkin isn't well aware of
      the criticism, both of the site and her ties to
      it -- in a post on her blog in September 2004,
      she noted that "my friend Peter Brimelow
      [the founder of VDARE] observes that
      some people apparently think linking to
      VDARE is tantamount to a hate crime."

      Malkin isn't the only prominent
      person to be writing for VDARE.

      There's also Jared Taylor, a self-proclaimed
      "White Nationalist" who edits the American
      Renaissance journal and is president of the
      journal's parent, the New Century Foundation,
      an organization notable among other reasons
      for its 1999 report, "The Color of Crime",
      which in its conclusion stated,
      "Everyone knows that blacks are dangerous."

      That report was only one of Taylor's attempts to
      provide pseudo-scientific justifications for his racism.

      "The New Century Foundation --
      known primarily by the name of its publication,
      American Renaissance ¬¬¬-- promotes 'genteel' racism,"
      the Anti-Defamation League has noted:
      "pseudoscientific, questionably researched and argued articles
      that [attempt to] validate the [alleged] genetic and moral
      inferiority of non-Whites and the need for racial 'purity.'"

      In an article on VDARE, preceded by a preface from
      site founder and friend of Malkin Brimelow, in which
      Brimelow called Taylor "perhaps the most brilliant
      and accomplished figure among White Nationalists," ...:

      "... Our government has permitted a huge influx of
      non-White immigrants who threaten to reduce
      Whites to a minority by the middle of this century.
      In their bones, Whites know this will not be a good thing.
      They know that an increasingly Third-World America will slip
      into Third-World habits of corruption, poverty, and violence."

      VDARE also publishes writers like the late
      Sam Francis, a former columnist for the
      Washington Times, fired for saying at the
      American Renaissance's 1994 annual meeting that:
      "The civilization that we as Whites created in Europe
      and America could not have developed apart from the
      genetic endowments of the creating people, nor is
      there reason to believe that the civilization can be
      successfully transmitted to a different people."

      According to Brimelow, Francis "played a quiet but effective
      role in putting together the principals of VDARE.COM."

      When Francis died in 2005, former Ku Klux Klan Grand
      Wizard David Duke eulogized him on his website, saying:

      "I have known Sam Francis for almost two decades.
      When many political pundits were afraid of associating with
      the 'former KKK'er turned elected official' Sam wasn't. ...
      I remember well the dinner we had that night in the
      Orleans restaurant in Arlington when we shared each other's
      views of the world and each found a true brother in 'the Cause'.
      Many times Sam Francis defended me in his
      newspaper columns and dared to stand up against
      the anti-White racists and the Jewish supremacists.

      "So the loss of Sam Francis is both a great loss for me
      personally and a terrible loss for the Movement as a whole.
      We will all miss his wit, his passion for our principles,
      his love for 'our people', and yes, his courage. ...

      "The best way we can remember Sam is to rededicate
      ourselves to the Cause that he lived his life for."

      And no wonder, given what Francis
      has written, especially for VDARE.

      Like a criticism of a Monday Night
      Football ad showing, in Francis' words,

      "blonde White sexpot Nicolette Sheridan of the
      steamy 'Desperate Housewives' series smooching
      up to Black football star Terrell Owens in
      the locker room of the Philadelphia Eagles."

      "The ad", Francis said, "was an
      intentional act of moral-subversion. ...

      The point was not just to hurl a pie in
      the face of morals and good taste but
      also of white racial and cultural identity.

      ... [T]he ad's message also was
      that interracial-sex is normal and
      legitimate, a fairly radical concept ...."

      (That piece got Francis' column dropped by the
      last mainstream publication printing it, the
      conservative Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.)

      There's much more.

      And Malkin, though she and O'Reilly won't advertise this,
      is implicitly endorsing it by her numerous associations
      with the site and its founder, her "friend" Peter Brimelow.

      O'Reilly's right to note that people from the John Birch
      society and the KKK shouldn't be taken seriously,
      but the real White-supremacist threat doesn't
      come from the obvious hard cases anymore.

      It's cloaked in pseudo-science, dressed up
      in a suit instead of a white robe, and given
      an attractive, non-White, face by Malkin.

      And O'Reilly, whether he knows it or
      not -- and he should -- is giving these
      heirs of the Klan a "legitimate" platform.

      For shame.

      SOURCE:
      http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alex-koppelman/michelle-malkins-white-s_b_20873.html
      http://mediamatters.org/items/200408230002
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 2, 2007

        Hi Jeff,

        Your comment reminded me a bit of the point
        that the people who wrote the articles found
        in the links found below seemed to be saying::-?

        Article 1a/1b, Article 2, Article 3, Article 4, Article 5,

        While I am neither a liberal nor a conservative
        ---- I can't help but to find myself more than
        a bit surprised at discovering who actually are
        some of the `behind the scenes' supporters,
        mentors and organizers of :-& some of these
        "neo-cons-of-color" groups and individuals,
        particularly the really "in-your-face" variety.

        It seems that because they are
        `people-of-color', both they and the
        (apparently, and often racially-motivated)
        ultra-right-wing groups and individuals who
        support them, mistakenly believe that they
        should be allowed to make what are obviously
        racist statements -- and simply have people
        either 'believe' it or 'dismiss' it – just because
        it was said by someone who is not White.:-$

        In my opinion, if a White person made the comments
        some of these 'of-color-neo-cons' make -- they would
        find themselves and their data challenged (or at least
        questioned) and their sources and connections would
        be as well known as both they and their words are.

        It seems to me that a double-standard is being
        practiced by and for these 'neo-cons-of-color'.[-(

        What's really ironic about it all, I feel, is that
        in many or perhaps even most of the cases,
        these `of-color' political-puppets are actually
        just using their words and actions to simply
        `slap themselves in their own faces' -- and they
        don't even realize that they are the ones doing it.:-s

        It's like they seem to think that --- if they attack
        the various groups-of-color (including their own
        in many cases) then their ultra-right-wing 'hidden'
        supports
        and mentors will, somehow allow them to
        become some sort of  "Honorary Whites" of sorts 8-|
        (much like the South African government once did with
        people of Japanese ancestry during the Aparthied era)
        and will somehow see them as 'an exception to' and
        'different from'  the various-of-color groups that they
        attack and perhaps even say to them something like:
        "That's a great article you wrote / speech you made --
        so I guess that means you've become 'one of us' now."/:)

        If this is what they are thinking ... #-o
        they are in for a big, big, big suprise. :((

        -- M

        P.S.
        Here is a link to another intriguing article -- Article 6
        :-?

        .
[...]

        Malkin

[...]

        ...:

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 3, 2007
          I think also it's a bit easier for some Asians to
          dismiss their approach as being racist because
          they fixate on the education and socio-economic
          situations of some groups instead of genetics.

          Historically racism has been a problem in Asia for many years.
          I remember a "darky soap" available in Japan in recent times
          Another example, which had been particularly shocking
          to some in the West, was a lack of sensitivity among
          the Japanese toward racism againstblack people.
          For example, one Japanese doo-wop pop group
          (see Rats & Star) in 1970s routinely appeared
          on stage painting their skin dark brown and
          wearing sunglasses to look black, totally oblivious
          to the implications of such an act in the West.
          Similarly, during the 1980s, Takara created and
          sold a doll called "Dakko-chan" (snuggle baby),
          an inflatable dark-colored plastic doll with
          fat lips and arms that could wrap around
          human arms or other pole-like objects.
          The doll was a commercial hit and was soon
          exported outside Japan as "Little Black Sambo".
          Many Americans made claims that it resembled
          blackface costumes worn by performers in
          the minstrel shows popular in the past.
          After receiving numerous complaints,
          the sales of the doll were stopped.
          In Japan, as a sort of hasty reaction, there
          were efforts to remove anything that people
          believed were racist against black people.
          The sale of Japanese translations of
          the book "Little Black Sambo" was halted.
          Any pictorial representations of blacks with
          fat lips, especially in manga and anime,
          were purged during this period."

          Many Americans mistakenly think there is some
          "brotherhood of color" shared by various minority
          groups but nothing could be further from the truth.

          Sometimes the other groups latch onto the majority's
          stereotypes in their assimilation process (like the
          article about the Irish recently posted) or bring
          their own culturally influenced ideas to the table
          (like many natives of India and Thailand look down
          upon dark skin in general) which further divides
          any potential political power they could assert.

          mulatta_loca <rosanna_armendariz@ yahoo.com>
          wrote:

[...]

          The fish are biting.

        • mulatta_loca
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 3, 2007
            Very interesting post. I totally agree that there is
            very little "brotherhood of color" among minorities.
            I've learned this firsthand living in a predominantly
            Mexican and Mexican-American region. I've found that
            Mexicans tend to openly express racist views against Blacks,
            and I've been discouraged from mentioning that I'm part-Black.
            A good book on this topic is The Presumed Alliance, by Nicolas Vaca.

            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_issues_in_Japan"

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 4, 2007
              J...You make some really good points regarding this topic.

              When we lived in Howard County, MD, it seemed to me that
              many Asians living there (mostly Korean/or Chinese,
              at that time) were very "cautious" of "blacks”..."
              or anyone that was not Asian, for that matter.

              There were a couple of predominately Asian
              areas we'd frequent (restaurant, grocery, etc.)
              and they treated my son and I very well ...
              I think, because they knew my son's fathers'
              family ("blacks") and they liked them.
              I don't know how we would have been accepted
              (or not?) had they not known us, through them?!
              Growing up (especially in middle school), I had
              the opportunity to meet many Japanese families
              ...because, dad worked for Honda for years.
              I even had a pen pal from Japan, for a while.
              Then, after high school, I got a job
              writing stories for our local newspaper.
              I, then, had the opportunity to interview
              the president, at that time, of Honda.
              He was a very nice man, and I was honored to have
              been the one to have received that assignment.
              Anyhow ... I suppose I didn't really feel, at
              that time, that the people whom I came in contact
              with were anything but friendly and sincere.

              Then, years later, in MD, I definitely saw things differently
              when I saw how some Asians behaved around "blacks."

              That was a real eye-opener for me; but...then
              again, in my humble opinion, people of all
              "races" are the problem- not just one.

              I definitely agree when you say (like the recent
              Irish story) that people take, with them, the
              misconceptions and biases from different myths
              and lies and allow them to make the case for who people
              are / aren't, although it is truly injustice at its worst.

              Today, I took my son and 2 of his friends to the local library.
              I wanted to do some research on our, specific religion...
              knowing what many people think and believe
              about it (lies, misconceptions, prejudices, etc.).
              Anyhow, I found this one book in the children's
              section of the library that was just chalk-full
              of all sorts of inconsistencies about the religion.
              Needless to say, I was frustrated.
              Can you imagine what would happen if a child were to pick
              up this book and begin reading it, trusting and believing
              this book were actually a reliable and truthful source?
              The same holds true for a book
              about any "race," religion, etc.

              Can you imagine if there were a book (and, I'm sure
              there are!) about "blacks" that detailed all the
              myths and LIES that certain people have about them?
              Or, say, about people from the Middle East?
              That would be intolerable!!!!!

              But, there they sit, waiting to be checked out/or bought,
              and read, by anyone who's innocent enough to believe
              the stuff in these books? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

              Anyhow... I'm hopping down, off my soapbox now=)
              Just wanted to "chime in" and let you
              know, "I know what you mean!"

              Heather

              Related Link: