Re: Decoding the debate over the blackness ...

  • Tyrone Anderson
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 20, 2007
      lol that is true Rodney, not only are there many different
      'black experiences' but there really is no "1" American culture
      there are many different American experiences that ranger from
      Urban to Rural, Southern-Northern, NYC to Salters South Carolina.
      And these are all subcultural
      experiences in a broader American cultural.

      Many other ethnic groups are considered assimilated yet
      retain very strong ethnic cultural expressions and ties:
      Italians, Greeks, Hispanic, Asian,
      Irish are reclaiming their heritage

      Rodney Sam <rqs79@...> wrote:
      There were many 'black experiences' not just 'one' black experience.

      I made a comment [earlier] about some black people not
      wanting to assimilate ... but now that I think about it
      ... the black Americans are already assimilated.
      This process started when African ancestors encountered British,
      French, Dutch culture, Native American culture in the Americans.

      This process created the Louisiana creole culture.

      So its impossible for black people to "seperate" from
      American society when actually being American anyway.

      Just other thoughts I have been pondering.

      White, Black, Brown, Red, and Yellow have
      made this county for what it is.

      I read this guy saying we created a "Mulatto America",
      where europeon, african, native american, asian
      culture have mixed to create something new and richer.

      Its funny ... ever since I looked into my past,
      I have never seen myself the same again.

      Related Link:
      http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Generation -Mixed/message/ 2454

    • tlbaker
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 20, 2007