Re: One-Droppism & Double-Standards

    Message 1 of 53 , Aug 7 11:24 AM
      I always assumed it was because if the kid is
      considered black then he is automatically a slave
      from birth so there is no cost in buying new ones
      - like raising livestock in their minds.

      Listed below are links to essays containing
      information on the possible origins and
      incentive behind 'why' this arbitrary
      and racist "rule" exists.

      http://multiracial.com/readers/tenzer5.html
      http://multiracial.com/readers/tenzer4.html
      http://multiracial.com/readers/tenzer3.html

      "multiracialbookclub" <soaptalk@h...> wrote:

      That's an excellent quote Jeff!

      It's particularly good in showing not only the
      hypocrisy, frivolity and irrationality of the
      racist 'one-drop rule' -- but also it's very
      frequent double-standard application as well!

      j s <creolescience@y...> wrote:

      I found this quote on the section
      called "social constructs":

      Harvard Professor Stephan Thernstrom
      addressedsocial constructs when he said,

      "The United States is the only country in the world
      in which a white mother can have a black child
      but a black mother cannot have a white child."

      I like that one.
    • marte
      Message 53 of 53 , Aug 17 7:28 AM
        .......but there was another movie name the underworld. The guy at the end turned half vampire and half werwolf,which made him stronger.

        Brittany Link <babydoll211987@...> wrote:
        they couldnt have vampires of color cause then we'd have sun protection and we'd be killing all day lol, Also for those who are thinking being mixed is 'the best of both worlds crap' I start to think about blade, he was half human half vampire, he had the negative and postive of both. Also another one would be to think about a hermapherdite , half male half female. do they have the best of both worlds?

        sudoangel2000 <sudoangel2000@...> wrote:
        Certainly a movie that sticks with you for that scene alone.

        Romero I would have to give credit to for incorporated people of
        color in his films.  After all, Zombies can be any shade of human
        undead..lol

        Trust me you are not missing anything by not watching "Monster Balls"
        or "Training Day".  You're friend is right the scene in MB is akin to
        the rape scene from Mandigo.

        Notice that Halle gets roles in higher budget movies now.  I think it
        shows in her demeaner that she was pressured or else her career would
        go nowhere. Sad.

        Denzel's role in training day made me want to see him get his a**
        beat, shot, something the role was that obnoxious.  Some will say
        that makes a good actor to cause that kind of reaction in a film.
        Hey I see guys like that everyday in front of the liquor stores. Not
        so special after all.

        Have you noticed that there are not many vampires of color as well.
        Blacula was a joke (I'm a extreme vampire movie fan).  Seems to me
        vampires would not be particular in the person they bite.  Interview
        with the Vampire the people of color got sucked dry.
        --- In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com, "multiracialbookclub"