Re: [Generation-Mixed] Newbie

  • Yvette
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12, 2007
      Happy to meet you Cecilia.
      Looks like you have a really diverse mix of roots! :)
      Yvette

      Cecilia Boyd <cece_1322@...> wrote:

      Hey All,

      My name is Cecilia and I am a proud Xicana/ Boricua/
      French/Filipina/ Black woman. I am currently a senior
      at Northwestern University with aspirations
      to be a professor of critical race theory.
      I am also dating a wonderful mixed man (Mexican and Irish)

      and I so glad to be a part of this group.
      I have like 3 other people that I can truly talk
      to about issues of race and mixed heritage and it
      makes me so happy that my circle has expanded.

      I look forward to reading your emails and
      having great conversations with all of you.

      Sincerely,
      Cecilia

      Cecilia R. O. Piña-Boyd
      School of Education and Social Policy
      Northwestern University '07
      Hermana de Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc.

      'I have come to understand that my multiplicity is
      inherent in my blackness, not opposed to it, and that
      none of my "identities" are distinct from one another.
      To be a feminist is to be engaged actively in
      dismantling all oppressive relationships.
      To be black is to contain all colors.' -Danzy Senna-