Re: Hello and Welcome New Members ...

  • phillymom35
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2007
      Happy New Year krysalexp, How are you today? Yes, being at home
      with family a select few of friends, perhaps an significant other
      [lol] is a very nice and safe way, certain areas of the city
      [Phila][not all] have a way of bringing the year in firing
      all kinds of weapons, this soooooooo scares me to death ...
      I guess I don't have to tell you why we kinda of adopted the
      idea of gathering together at my home or another members.

      Sounds like you all have a wonderful time ... and
      that's all that really matters being with friends and
      family that you care about ... thanks for sharing.

      krysalep do have a rewarding weekend...and Family at Gm as well.

      Philly

      krysalexp <krystonp@...> wrote:
      Hi Phillymom,

      I did the same thing for New Years. I was at a small get-together at
      my friends home. We all brought a dish to share. We ate, played games
      and laughed ALOT. Then we watched the ball drop. It was wonderful.

      Happy New Year!!!

      krysalexp

      In Generation-Mixed@ yahoogroups. com,
      phillymom35 <phillymom35@ ...> wrote:

      Hello Generation-Mixed ... how's everyone? ... for those of you
      who celebrated the New Year coming in ... what did you do?
      I was home watching the ball [tv] come down in Times Square
      as I always do with family ... [lol] ... but had some friends
      make the trip up your way Lynne ... they wanted a Up, Close
      and Personal view ... [lol] ... but I imagine it was more
      like''a''bird' s eye view'' from what I seen ... [lol]
      anyway I hope everyone's year is begining
      as you would have ... and before I close,

      To all New GM members Welcome !!!!!!!
      I'm Philly ... mixed [widow] mother of 4.

      I have friends in the UK ... [ Portland Dorset]

      Have a great weeknd ... and enjoy your stay ... Nice People Here!

      Philly

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 10, 2007
        Hello to all of our newest members=)
        I apologize for not ~~~WELCOMING~~~ you sooner.
        Things have been hectic, here, lately!

        I just love the comments and insights of your posts. Keep them coming!
        It's interesting to see people from all geographical areas
        (not just U.S.) and all walks of life!!! I love it!

        Anyhow... let me properly introduce myself. My name is Heather and
        I am classified as being "caucasian/white," but I have always "felt
        different." It's hard to explain. I mean, I look "white" but never
        really fit in with the family I grew up with or, later, with my
        biological family (the few who were still around and I actually met).

        One time, while having a conversation with my bio.
        mother, she mentioned she was part Cherokee Indian.
        When I heard that, I couldn't believe it. I mean... they
        really don't seen like the sort of people who would be
        proud of that fact (to put it nicely). It was strange.

        So began my journey to sort out the truth.

        Aside from my own, personal, geneological dilemma ... I have
        a beautiful son (teenager!) who's a mixture of "caucasian,"
        "african-american" and certifiable Cherokee Indian (funny, huh=).

        Anyhow, that's my story and that's what brought me to GM.

        I have to say, too... this is the best online group, dealing with
        this subject, that I have found- and, I've looked into MANY!!!!!
        The people here are GREAT, the information and stories posted
        are of the best quality and thoroughly researched and it's a
        place where you can feel perfectly free to open up about this
        subject and not be attacked or ridiculed for it! It's great=)

        Well... obviously, I'm a "rambler," too (hehehe),
        so I'm going to cut it short. Just wanted to send all the
        newbies a BIG ~~~WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!~~~ Sincerely, Heather