Re: Abolish the N word

  • moltenlava_cat
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 7, 2006
      Well actually you're both right to an extent.
      Terrence Howard, Ludacris and Don Cheadle were on the show.
      But Don Cheadle was siding with Oprah saying he was
      against the use, while Terrence Howard stated he
      had no problem as long as AAs used the n-word.
      Ludacris repeatedly tried to defend his support of
      using the word as a way of people coming together,
      turning the negative into the positive.

      Although, I may be wrong about all of this.
      I doubt some people (Oprah included) would just stand by
      as Don Cheadle accepted the use of the word by anyone.
      Taking into consideration, one of his recents films, Hotel Rwanda.

      In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,
      phillymom35 <phillymom35@...> wrote:

      Rodney You're right ... it was Cheadle, on the show ...

      Ludacris, and most recently the rapper 50cent at odds
      with Oprah for derogative mentioning of women in their raps.

      Rodney Sam <rqs79@...> wrote:

      Hey, Heather. Welcome to Generation-Mixed.

      That particular OPRAH episode you speak of
      was about the actors from the movie "CRASH".
      The actor you are talking about is DON
      CHEADLE who starred in Hotel Rwanda.
      I saw that episode and remember hearing
      him justify the use of the N word.
      I was shocked and surprised
      by his acceptance of the word.
      He actually said that he was endearing for
      another Black person to address him like that.

      Figure that out.

      And I did check the website and totally
      agree with everything they said.

      Why would you use a word that came out
      of hate and contempt for your ancestors?

      Well, my ancestors, since,
      I am a person of color.

      Rodney

      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 8, 2006
        Yes... I remember now! That is the way it went. I stand corrected.
        Heather

        Related Link: