Hi there, I'm new..

  • Erica (Raven) Branch-Butler
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2005
      Hi, I'm Raven, and I'm a woman of African-American,
      Cherokee, Scots-Irish, English, Melungeon and a tiny
      bit of Chinese ancestry-- all of it from way back
      except the African American and the Cherokee (my dad's
      mom was full blood United Keetowah Band.)

      I'm 42, still playing bass guitar in a Gothic-Ethereal
      rock band, and a full time tarot reader.

      Anyway-- I look forward to meeting others and hearing
      their stories.

      Nvwadohiyada Ale Nvwatohiyadv!
      (Peace and Blessings, in Tsalagi (Cherokee)

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2005
        Hi Raven,

        Welcome !!!

        We're glad to have you here!

        It looks like you share a lot of
        ancestry with a number of members
        here -- and I'm sure there will
        be a lot of great conversations
        and sharing of information on it.

        You might also find our 'links'
        section to be of interest. :)

        Have a nice day.:D

        In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com, "Erica \
        (Raven\) Branch-Butler" <golanv1@y...> wrote:

        Hi, I'm Raven, and I'm a woman of African-American,
        Cherokee, Scots-Irish, English, Melungeon and a tiny
        bit of Chinese ancestry-- all of it from way back
        except the African American and the Cherokee
        (my dad's mom was full blood United Keetowah Band.)

        I'm 42, still playing bass guitar in a Gothic-
        Ethereal rock band, and a full time tarot reader.

        Anyway-- I look forward to meeting
        others and hearing their stories.

        Nvwadohiyada Ale Nvwatohiyadv!
        (Peace and Blessings, in Tsalagi (Cherokee)
      • Brittany Link
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1, 2005
          I WISH I knew how to speak any of the languages of the races in me besides english...I dont even think I have british in me. DARNIT

          "Erica (Raven) Branch-Butler" <golanv1@...> wrote:
          Hi, I'm Raven, and I'm a woman of African-American,
          Cherokee, Scots-Irish, English, Melungeon and a tiny
          bit of Chinese ancestry-- all of it from way back
          except the African American and the Cherokee (my dad's
          mom was full blood United Keetowah Band.)

          I'm 42, still playing bass guitar in a Gothic-Ethereal
          rock band, and a full time tarot reader.

          Anyway-- I look forward to meeting others and hearing
          their stories.

          Nvwadohiyada Ale Nvwatohiyadv!
          (Peace and Blessings, in Tsalagi (Cherokee)

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

          Yahoo! Mail for Mobile
        • Lynn
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 1, 2005
            Hello Raven & Friends~

            Raven, glad to meet you! Your music sounds very interesting.~

            My father had separated from his family so I didn't know my family
            members, or my heritage, for most of my life. After I turned 18, I
            went on a mission to meet my family & record our history. There were
            always certain things I was drawn to, even though I didn't know why.
            I think a part of my family was calling out to me, to reconnect.~

            Best Regards, Lynn (GraceofWynn)
          • sudoangel2000
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 1, 2005
              Hi Raven!

              Now see if she isn't interesting I have no idea who would be.

              Gothic-Ethereal band that is so cool!

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 1, 2005
                Oh, I'm just learning-- but one has to start
                somewhere, huh?
                Regards,

                Raven

                http://mail.yahoo.com