Save this date ....

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2006

      OK ... I'll admit it ... I don't actually have a date
      to  save ... but some members might .... which is
      why I would like to ask if there i
      s anyone who
      is interested in being in charge of the group
      "Community Calendar / Bulletin Board"
      ?

      Essentially the task would involve things
      such  s adding members birthdays to the
      Calendar -- as well as any Cultural Events,
      etc. that we -- as a Multi-Racial Community
      --  might want to be made / kept aware
      of (ex. Loving Day; Juneteenth; etc.).

      If you're intersted in this -- please feel free to
      volunteer -- and members can forward the data
      directly to you for placement into the calendar.

      Once the information is in the Calendar --
      all of us will receive a post letting us know
      about the event (either on the day of  the
      actual event or whatever amount of time
      prior that the person who keeps the
      Calendar / Bulletin Board selects).

    • tlbaker1
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 4, 2006

        I can do it, I think I am online the most here, LOLOLOL,
        I wish I had some emoticons on outlook w/out the spyware
        that would be attached to the installed program.

        Lynne

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 4, 2006

          Lynne,

          Thank you so much!!! :)

          You are the absolute best!!:D

          Also ... I forgot to add that we may want to
          have November 1st  and March 1st listed
          as the beginning of special 'Mixed-Race'
          History and Awareness months.

          In addition,  perhaps you may want to add
          some of the birthdates of the Mixed-Race
          Historical Figures that you have sent us
          information on -- to the Calendar as well.:-?

          And -- of course -- any type of 'Gen-Mixed' local,
          regional (or even national)  event -- ex. dates of
          Book Club Meetings; Film Nights; Book Author
          Signings/Readings; Picnics / BBQs; Dinners;
          Lunches; etc. --- we'd likely want added to it.;;)

          Thanks again Lynne -- you are great!!!=D>

          --M

          P.S.

          Special note to all 'Gen-Mixers' ... don't forget to send
          an e-mail to 'Lynne' with information on your birthdays
          and any other events you'd like us ... your "family"
          and 'friends' here at 'Gen-Mixed' ... to be aware
          of and join in on the celebration with you!!!
           ;;)