Resource: The 'Black-Native American Association' (BNAA)

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2006

      The Black Native American Association (BNA)
      is an intertribal group of people with both
      African and Native-American heritage who
      organized in the late summer of 1992.

      Due to the adverse impact of past and
      present governmental policies, the Black
      Native American Association does not
      mimic 'Blood Quantum Police" tactics.

      We do not require proof of tribal
      enrollment or recognition.

      Our membership is comprised of people of all ages
      and from many walks of life including students,
      teachers, housing developers, trainers, social
      workers, journalists, activists, chemists, and more.

      Although our association was founded in the Oakland-
      San Francisco Bay Area our intertribal membership
      includes indigenous peoples from all over the world.

      We intentionally honor ALL our ancestors.

      Our Association is an integral part of urban and rural
      Native American Communities as well as active in
      many different activities in the Black Community.

      In terms of Native American involvement
      we are a member of the Bay Area American
      Indian Representatives (BAAIR).

      We participate on various committees such
      as the Indigenous Peoples Day Celebration
      in Berkeley , California , which replaces the
      exclusive and insulting Columbus Day.

      Additionally, we participate and support
      the International Indian Treaty Council's
      United Nation's activities for Non
      Governmental Organizations and the
      Bay Area's Intertribal Friendship House.