RE: [Generation-Mixed] newbie

  • tlbaker1
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30 3:17 PM

      Welcome, Cynthia, I am going to check out
      that pic of Ariel (beautiful name) in the
      group photo album, I bet she is a real cutie!!

      Just want to commend yourself, Carla (baby
      Anna's mother -- in case I have your name
      wrong, sorry), and anyone else who has taken
      the time and interest in joining this group
      for your biracial child's emotional welfare.

      Some parents of biracial children (not all depends on
      family situation of course) especially the mother will
      simply state that their child's ethnicity is not an issue
      and that they don't see them as different from themselves
      when in fact that is not true (in my opinion of course).
      The child will have different experiences w/society as
      well as internal issues / struggles of their own that
      will be different from their parent's experiences.

      Anyway, great to have you here!

      Lynne

      From: Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com