MY INTRO

  • Carla J. Stevens
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 15 4:15 PM
      HI EVERYONE. MY NAME IS CARLA. I LIVE IN TAMPA BAY FLORIDA.
      I AM A FIRST TIME SINGLE MOM AT AGE 44. MY DAUGHTERS NAME IS
      ANNA SHE IS 21 MONTHS OLD. ANNAS DADDY IS BLACK AND I AM WHITE.
      ALTHOUGH HER DADDY AND I ARE NOT TOGETHER HE IS DEVOTED TO ANNA.
      MY PASSION IS RAISING ANNA TO BE PROUD OF HER HERITAGE
      AND ANYTHING THAT WILL HELP ME DO THAT. SINCERLY CARLA
    • tlbaker1
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 16 4:14 PM

        welcome, Carla, I didn't see this, just your second post
        on how to raise your child to be proud of her heritage!

        Lynne

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 16 8:22 PM
          Hello Carla :)

          Welcome to the group! 21 months is such a fun age for a child--I bet
          the beaches are just wonderful! Let us know if we can be of help :)

          Blessings, Lynn

          "Without a fear, I walk through this life, so beautiful"~ Stephany (poet)
        • Carla Stevens
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 17 12:41 PM
            HI LYNN,

            THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY.
            ANNA IS ALOT OF FUN . I LOVE BEING A MOM AND WOULDN'T
            CHANGE ANYTHING EVEN WAITING UNTIL I WAS 43 TO HAVE HER.
            I LIVE IN A NOT SO DIVERSE AREA IN TAMPA BAY AND
            I JUSTED STARTED A YAHOO GROUP TO SEE IF THERE IS
            AN INTEREST FOR OTHER MOMS OF BIRACIAL AND MULTI
            CULTURAL CHILDREN TO GET TOGETHER FOR A PLAY GROUP.
            I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO FIND A CLUB LIKE THIS IN MY AREA.
            I HAVEN'T GOTTEN ANY RESPONCES TO MY YAHOO GROUP.
            LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO GET THE WORD OUT.

            THANKS

            CARLA

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 20 10:59 PM
              Hi Carla,

              In my state--all the Mom's hang out at the library or the coffee shop.
              Both have a free bulletin board, maybe you could start there?
              Or if you write a poem or an essay for a local
              newspaper or publication, be sure to plug your group.
              You may also want to just hang out in the neighborhood--
              Get to know some people, and get the word out that way.
              Is Anna in any play groups or pre-school?
              That is a great way to meet new people as well.

              Best Wishes, Lynn
            • Carla Stevens