RE: [Generation-Mixed] The Truth About Mixed-Race Socialite: 'Nicole Richie'

  • tlbaker1
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 8, 2006

      wow, has a lot to with his upbringing.  Funny how skin color seems to determine how people identify themselves sometimes - not everyone depends on the individual.  Or it could be the "you are what your mother is" thing.  If he were darker I wonder if he would identify himself differently.

      Lynne

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 10, 2006
        It depends on the person(s) defination of Black people.   There are many people who use that term in a diasporic way, it's not a 1 drop use.  Many Europeans(mixed) as well as African(mixed) used it in that way

        wintyreeve@... wrote:
[...]

        "Man would rather be a little higher than the apes, than a little lower than the angels." -"I am Black & I am White, and know there is no difference. Each one casts a shadow, and all shadows are dark." -Walter White: