RE: [Generation-Mixed] your mom's race

  • tlbaker1
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 22, 2006

      Well, again, funny you should bring this up, LOLOL.  I was just thinking about this stuff.  My mother is very fair (mixed race) and I always thought she envied me because my skin was darker than hers, which I thought was unusual it is usually the other way around, and because I have very long hair.  She was quite abusive and my brother was the favorite – a precious man, LOL.  Typical mother/daughter competition stuff growing up, quite painful, actually left scars.

      But for your situation, maybe she feels bad about being w/your father (I only say this because you said she might be a racist).  Maybe she sees him in you.  Is she still w/your father, is he in your life?  Maybe by you being a person of color your interests/beliefs are different.  Also being a person of color your experiences with society will be different from hers. Just making wild guesses here as I don’t really know what type of relationship you have w/your mother other than what you stated, hope this helps.

      Lynne