living in rural Montana

  • sonyaspanishfacilitator
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 19, 2006
      I teach Spanish in a small school system in rural Montana. I'm a
      majority of one. My husband is a retired USDA veterinary circuit
      supervisor (I'll explain later.); and my adult sons live in the St.
      Louis area. Our families are from the midwest: his are mostly German;
      mine are Scotch-Irish, Afo-American, Cherokee,and Hispanic.

      Does anyone else live in a rural town away from her roots, and what are
      you experiencing?

      Tranquility,

      Sonya
    • tlbaker1
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 21, 2006

        Hi Sonya,

        How did you wind up in Montana ?

        Lynne

        I teach Spanish in a small school system in rural Montana . I'm a
        majority of one. My husband is a retired USDA veterinary circuit
        supervisor (I'll explain later.); and my adult sons live in the St.
        Louis area. Our families are from the midwest: his are mostly German;
        mine are Scotch-Irish, Afo-American, Cherokee,and Hispanic.

        Does anyone else live in a rural town away from her roots, and what are
        you experiencing?

        Tranquility,

        Sonya

      • Sonya Spanish facilitator
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 23, 2006
          Hello, I'm having a bit of trouble learning how to navigate this site--my first experience.  My husband was an USDA veterinary meat and poultry inspector and was transferred to Billings, MT.  The whole family came, but our sons left when they graduated college.  We have a 21 acre canyon where the deer roam free.  Where do you live?

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 24, 2006

            You are doing fine, just write, LOLOL.  Sounds wonderful where you live?  What do you do w/your land?  I live in New York City .

            L.

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 28, 2006
              We have a 21 acre canyon.  It's beautiful in the Spring, especially, and the fall and winter.  We raise chickens and guinea fowl.  My husband collects John Deere tractors, and we like to garden--a result of growing up in IL.

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 29, 2006

                Sounds like a wonderful life to me!

                Lynne