Griffe and White Person

  • jemini200
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2006
      If I am a griffe (3/4 black, 1/4 white) and I marry a white
      woman and have children with her, what would our children be.
      Would they be considered mulatto (1/2 white and 1/2 black)?
      What would their percentages be?
      Message 2 of 4 , May 31, 2006

        Here's a few choices - I guess you'll have to work you way backwards ;)

        Blanc European (128 parts European ancestry)
        Sang-mêlé 125 to 127 parts European
        Quateronné 121 to 124 parts European
        Mamelouc 113 to 120 parts European
        Métif 101 to 112 parts European
        Quateron 71 to 100 parts European
        Mulâtre 64 parts European and 64 parts African
        Marabou 40 to 48 parts European
        Griffe 24 to 39 parts European
        Sacatra 8 to 23 parts European
        Négre African (128 parts African ancestry)

        Message 3 of 4 , May 31, 2006
          It seems to me that their lineage would then
          consist of being 3/8-Black and 5/8-White.

          If so ... in the old days they would
          then likely have been described being
          labeled 'somewhere between' that of
          "Mulatto" (1/2 -a.k.a.- 4/8 'White')&
          "Quadroon" (3/4 -a.k.a.- 6/8 'White').

          Just a thought.

          Hope that information is helpful.

          Have a great day. :)

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
            RE: If I am a griffe (3/4 black, 1/4 white) and I marry a white
            woman and have children with her, what would our children be.
            Would they be considered mulatto (1/2 white and 1/2 black)?
            What would their percentages be?

            Today you are free. You can choose how to define yourself and shape your identity. Have fun with
            exploring your roots, and developing your sense of self. I wish you all the best on your journey :)

            God Bless, Lynn