Re: [Generation-Mixed] Playing "The 'Blame' Game" creates Division ... not Un...

    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2006
      Thanks Soap...This is an excellent article...thanks for posting!

      I just want to add one thing on politics... Forgive me for sounding so broad...

      I don't know if humanity will ever evolve to this level but it seems to me
      that government and political ideology would better serve the people,
      and our communities if it would adopt some of the lessons
      learned from the experience of being Racially Mixed.
      I don't claim to speak for anyone but myself here...
      So feel free to add and make changes as needed.

      Some of the lessons I see include:

      *Belonging to more than one community, ethnicity, culture
      or religion and being able to integrate these aspects with
      respect to their differences--and what makes them unique.

      *Developing a self-identity (in politics this may expand to a national
      or community identity) that is both uniquely personal but also
      integrated, and connected to a larger community and family.
      Being able to express, and develop our own identity while
      also being able to find purpose in the world around us.

      *Not compromising who we are to fit in or be popular...taking
      our talents, strengths and ideas to the world and confronting the
      limitations and predjudices with ideas and methods of change.

      *Raising our children to respect the diversity in
      life and to appreciate the diversity in themselves.

      Happy Memorial Day Everyone!

      Lynn

      Related Link: