The Case of Mistaken "Identity" (or 'Category')

    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2006

      Hi Lynn,

      Wow – that's really funny!

      But then again :-? ... from looking at your photo ... I can see
      how she could have mistaken
      you for being Mediterranean .;)

      Have a great day!!

      -- M

      In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com, wintyreeve@... wrote:

      Hi Friends-

      This is so funny... I just had to share my story with people who
      will understand, and maybe find some humor in this too.

      I went to apply for welfare b/c my ex kicked me the kids out of the house
      on April 7th, and we are now homeless and basically have nothing.
      The really sick thing is that my ex will make just as much money in
      2 months as I would make a year living off welfare...the jackass!

      NOW this is the funny part...
      I talked to the social worker. She saw me face to face. In person.
      When I went to get my picture ID taken, I looked
      on the forms and they listed my race as White!!
      Never in my life has anyone mistaken me for White.
      This is so funny. If this trend keeps up, for all practical purpose the
      government notion of race within their records will be truly mixed!

      Smiles, Lynn