Re: [Generation-Mixed] African American's Mixed Heritage

  • Tyrone Anderson
    Message 1 of 13 , May 3, 2006
      Recent African immigrants (Nigerians etc) are seen as Black-Americans
      until we hear them speak with a dialect, they have on cultural clothing,
      or they are a particular african ethnic group that stands out.
      For example, there are Africans (I don't know what ethnic group)
      here (NYstate) that are really tall and thin and almost a
      charcoal black coloring, they where winter clothing in the
      spring time because they may not be used to the weather yet.
      These people I can readily tell are African.
      It depends with Ethiopians, sometimes they look like
      generationally mixed African-Americans other times you
      can tell by their ethnic look they are Ethiopians

      Peter Barrett <barac1998@...> wrote:
      I have viewed some of the previous post from this group.

      I noticed about the term African American (AA) as a misnomer.
      I understand the tri-racial heritage of the AA group.
      I found it also interesting how Black American was used to describe
      the more recent African group such as Nigerians for example.

      My question is do you think the term African American
      needs to be correctly understood or a different term?
      I'm just wondering what thoughts the members might have on this.

      I have never seen Africans referred to as Black
      Americans, except when they become Americanized.
      I personally was around Africans during my childhood.

      I have been on other sites where people refuse to believe that
      [the majority of] AAs are tri-racial and I have always known that.
      It is good to see this site embrace that fact.

      "Man would rather be a little higher than the apes, than a little lower than the angels." -
      "I am Black & I am White, and know there is no difference.
      Each one casts a shadow, and all shadows are dark." -Walter White

        Message 3 of 13 , May 3, 2006

          It should also be noted that `the majority' of the people who
          actually are
          of `the African-American' (AA) Ethnicity -- whose
          opinions often seem to be largely ignored on these matters --
          ALSO
          find it just as offensive  (if not even more so) when the
          people who are not of the African-American Ethnic grouping
          (ex. Caribbeans, South Americans and Africans) are falsely
          referred to as being and representing the 'African-Americans'
          particularly – when it comes to issues of `statistics' and `polls').

          Message 4 of 13 , May 3, 2006

            Peter Barrett <barac1998@...> inquired:

            I have viewed some of the previous post from this group.

            I noticed about the term African American (AA) as a misnomer.
            I understand the tri-racial heritage of the AA group.

            My question is do you think the term African American
            needs to be correctly understood or a different term?
            I'm just wondering what thoughts the members might have on this.

            I have been on other sites where people refuse to believe that
            [the majority of] AAs are tri-racial and I have always known that.
            It is good to see this site embrace that fact.

            My response:

            In my opinion, without question, next to the misnomer of
            `American-Indian' (AI), the term `African-American' (AA)
            is actually the one of the most misleading terms ever placed
            (or should I say, `forced') on any Ethnic grouping of people--
            particularly when one considers that is common knowledge
            and also has been scientifically proven that the majority of
            the AAs (+70%, in fact) are of a tri-racially admixed-ancestry.

            Between the demand by Jesse Jackson (circa 1990) that "any
            and every citizen or resident of the United States of America
            who was of any part or amount African descent" also be referred
            to by the term `African-American' AND the subsequent and
            hopelessly-flawed `revised' "racial statistics" form that was
            created by the United States Census Bureau / USCB (also, circa
            1990) ... the term `African-American' has become and continues
            to remain one which is of complete controversy and misapplication.

            In addition … (as a result of the semantic problem of
            trying to broadly and erroneously apply, as well as force
            others to falsely perceive, a term as being synonymous
            or interchangeable with another) … one of the major
            problems encountered --- in trying to help people in
            their having a full understanding of the fact that this
            particular `Ethnic' grouping of people is actually a
            `Type' of `Multi-`Racial / Mixed-Race group (and is not
            even a `type' of `mono'-racial "Black" group at all) ----
            seems to stem largely from the "politically-correct" (and,
            thus `culturally-incompetent') selection of the misapplied
            term `African-American' even being used to refer to this
            Ethnic group from the start -– as well as it's later expanded
            application to include `anyone' of any part-African descent.

            Originally the phase `African-American' was used merely as a
            descriptive term regarding the route of the horrific Voyage of
            the `Middle-Passage Experience' (i.e. from-`Africa'-to-`America') ---
            then it was later selected for use to describe the largely `Multi'-Racial
            / Mixed-Race `Ethnic' grouping of people who were
            The "Descendents
            of the Survivors
            " of the `Middle-Passage `Voyage' and also of the
            `
            One-Drop Rule-Enforced'/Matrilineal-Based, Chattel-Slavery `System'
             -- that took place thereafter (specifically on the continental
            United States of America during the periods of the Antebellum,
            Reconstruction and "Jim Crow" / Segregation eras that followed).

            Then -- thanks to various politically-motivated people such as
            Jesse Jackson and also the key administrators at the USCB --
            the term was later inexplicably-expanded (circa 1990) to
            also refer to and include "any American of African descent".

            It should also be remembered that this oddly inexplicable act
            is just one of the many reasons that almost all of the so-called
            government "statistics" that are allegedly in regards to the
            people of the AA Ethnicity are so completely and unbearably
            both inaccurate and also totally skewered toward "the negative".

            [[For instance, few people anywhere in the world are aware
            of the fact that -- there are *not* more `AA' men in prison
            rather than college; 1/4 of `AA' men are *not* in prison
            nor are they likely to die before the age of 25; and 70%
            of `AA' children are *not* born out of wedlock, etc.

            When "any American (citizen or resident) of African descent"
            is erroneously listed as being an AA, however, naturally the
            "statistics" (ranging from --- educational grades, diplomas and
            degrees; to data on welfare rolls, recipients and amounts; to
            employment ratings; to socio-political-economic status and
            opinions; to family structure and environment; to crime, to STD/
            HIV/ AIDS and so on) which falsely claim to be in regards to the
            AA Ethnicity are then going to erroneously show "negative" results.

            In fact, two excellent books on this subject are
            "Black Robes, White Justice" (written by FGM-Mixed
            New York Supreme Court Justice, Bruce Wright) and
            also "Don't Believe the Hype: Fighting Cultural
            Misinformation about the African-Americans" (written
            by FGM-Mixed, Reporter / Researcher, Ferai Chideya).

            http://gpn.unl.edu/cml/cml_product.asp?catalog_name=GPN&category_name=Don't+Believe+the+Hype&product_id=1501
            http://www.powerbooksearch.com/booksearch0758201109.html]]

            Like the socio-political "identification" of "black"
            (which has been utilized since the late 1960's wherein
            the largely very successful `Civil Rights Movement'
            was replaced, via media and political manipulation,
            by the short-lived and rather divisive `Black Power /
            Pan-Africanism Movement') --- the term AA is so
            unbearably misleading ... and it's common misuse
            seems to be one of the main reasons that so
            very few people seem to realize that the AA's:

            1) Are not a `mono'-racial "race" grouping
            (or even a `racial' grouping of any sort at all);

            2) Are actually a largely `Multi'-Racial / Mixed-Race
            `Ethnic' grouping … as more that 70% of people
            born to two parents who are both members of the
            AA Ethnic grouping (i.e. full AAs) -- are actually
            and have always remained of a continually
            MGM-Mixed lineage and racial-admixture;

            3) Are a very `specific' grouping of people (and not
            just `any' or `every' grouping of people who happen
            to be of `some part' Black-admixture -- as one cannot
            be a member of this particular `Ethnic' group – unless
            one is actually a "Descendent of the Survivors"
            of the Historical-Voyage (the Middle Passage)
            which led to an
            Historical-Experience
            (The 'One-Drop Rule'-Enforced / Matrilineal-Based
            Chattel-Slavery `System') which took place in a
            specific geographical-location (the Continental
            United States of America' during a
            specific
            historical-period
            (the Antebellum era – and
            Reconstruction and the "Jim Crow" /
            Segregationist period which followed).

            Personally, I feel that words such as
            `African-American' and "black" are
            BOTH completely erroneous terms
            to use in describing this largely MGM
            Tri-racially "Mixed" Ethnic group of people.

            Use of the word `African-American', to describe this
            group -- generally leads the hearer to naturally make
            the neuro-linguistic assumption-based error that the
            term is indicative of it's subject being someone who
            is either "sole or predominantly" of a `mono'-racially
            Black ancestry (which is not even remotely the
            case for the majority -- +70% -- of the people who
            belong to this largely tri-racial `Ethnic' grouping).

            In reality, researchers, geneticists, historians and
            anthropologists have repeatedly proven, detailed
            and documented that the majority of those people
            who born to two parents who are both members
            multi-racial Ethnic grouping (more than 70%, in fact)
            have about 20-30% `white' "racial" admixture and
            even more than 25% 'Amerindian' "racial" admixture.

            As noted, the use of the term `"black" to describe this
            group also seems very inappropriate – both for the
            reason listed above as well as for the fact that the
            term "black" was only since the late 1960's and 1970's
            as being reflective of what was supposed to have
            been am anti-racist / anti-colonialist socio-political
            "identification" (then referred to as "pan-Africanism")
            that led and expressed by the, now rather phased
            out (and surprisingly even somewhat divisive)
            Afro-centric "Black-Power" movement of that era.

            Few people seem to realize that the term "black"
            was never actually even meant for use as a
            `racial-descriptor' for the people of this Ethnicity
            -- but rather it was actually simply meant to be
            used merely as a way of describing "an emerging
            `political consciousness' and also an attempted
            `cultural connection' being expressed and
            "identified" among some of the younger members
            of this given group at that certain era in history
            for a particular socio-political purpose".

            http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ideas_opinions/v-pfriendly/story/283791p-243138c.html
            http://www.dailybruin.ucla.edu/DB/issues/97/09.22/view.tucker.html

            The error of using a term such as this (which one
            would normally and traditionally only have associated
            with a very specific `Continent', `Voyage', `Race' or
            even a `Socio-Political "Identification" `), and then
            erroneously applying it to a given `ethnic' group,
            is that it would naturally result in the neuro-linguistic
            reaction of people then instantaneously perceiving
            and associating the "Ethnic" group ONLY within
            the `former representation' of the term as being
            in reference to specific `Continent', `Race' and
            or `Voyage' or a `Socio-Political "Identification.

            The erroneous semantic misapplication of this term
            is often largely why people inaccurately believe that
            it is representative of; synonymous with or used
            interchangeably for the `racial' term "black" –
            rather than in reference to the `voyage' which led
            to the launching of a specific `historical experience'.

            That having been said – the answer to your question
            is (for me)
            … that `No', I do personally *not* feel or
            believe that that the current answer to the issues
            involved with the misnomer of `African-American' --
            is to give this largely `Multi'-Racial / Mixed-Race
            Ethnic grouping of people – yet another new LABEL.

            As (just as it has been found that, in the case of
            many, if not most Amerindians, they did not like
            the politically-correct / culturally-illiterate term
            of `Native American' being forced on them any
            more than they did the term `American Indian')
            –--- yet another new label never seems
            to be ;the answer' to a complex issue.

            But rather – what seems would be most
            effective would be to simply educate
            people on the following facts:

            *** the `African-Americans' (AAs) and
            the `Black-Americans' (BAs) are *not*
            the same people groupings at all;

            *** the AAs are a largely `Multi'-Racial/
            Mixed-Race `Ethnic' group -- while the
            BAs are a `mono'-racial `Race' group;

            *** the majority of those people who are
            full-AAs are largely "black" *only* in the
            sense of socio-politically "identifying"
            (largely due to the `One-Drop' Rule and
            other forms of Racism) with the struggles
             experienced by those with whom they are
            connected via a part of their tri-racial lineage;

            *** and most of the "statistics" offered by the U.S.
            government and media about the AAs are extremely
            skewered, biased and completely inaccurate
            (due to a lack of understanding that the terms
            `Black' and `African-American' are *not* actually
            in reference to the same people groupings; they
            are *not* synonymous terms; and should not
            be/ have ever been used interchangeably).

            --- [Submitted by soaptalk@... / 05-03-2006 ©]

            Acronym Key:

            [MGM-Mixed = Multi-Generational-Mutiracially Mixed
            FGM-Mixed= First-Generational-Multiracially Mixed]

            Related Links:

          • Peter Barrett
            Message 5 of 13 , May 3, 2006
              Can someone also tell me where the
              70% of admixture for AA WAS FOUND?

              Not that I doubt it at all. I had a conversation on another message
              board and had a hard time proving this point with a credible figure.

              I also had seen a site by Mark Shriver stating that
              --instead of the 20-30% average-- it was more like
              17% european admixture. Which to me didn't seem right.

              If anyone has more information on this it would be appreciated.

              http://gpn.unl.edu/cml/cml_product.asp?catalog_name==GPN&category_name==Don't+Believe+the+Hype&product_id=01

              Message 6 of 13 , May 3, 2006

                "Peter Barrett" <barac1998@...> inquired:

                Can someone also tell me where the 70% of admixture for AA was found?
                … If anyone has more information on this it would be appreciated.

                Note:
                Said inquiry was made in regards to the post found at the following link:

                My response:

                That's a really excellent good question and hopefully, the
                following information may be of help in answering it…. :-?

                Some of the sources can be found listed within the following link
                :

                Other sources are also found in various other postings at this group.

                In addition, there are many other sources that also note said figure
                (both online and in print) ... some of these include the following:

                "With some figures showing 70% of African
                Americans fitting into a multiracial category,"

                Source: http://www.interracialvoice.com/editor10.html

                "Seventy to eighty percent of so-called
                "blacks" are of mixed racial heritage."
                Source: http://www.digitas.harvard.edu/~perspy/old/issues/1997/may/boxing.html

                "Most writers on the subject of American black-white
                miscegenation, for instance, estimate that seventy to
                ninety percent of African Americans have white ancestry"

                Source: http://www.webcom.com/~intvoice/zack.html

                "Seventy percent of …African Americans … are
                mixed with … mostly Scottish Irish and Native
                American, yet … defined as "black".
                Hispanics, like "blacks", have an equal
                amount of race mixing in their ethnic group."
                Source: http://www.blackcanada.com/news_7.htm

                Here is an very interesting observation made regarding
                the historical creation of the largely `Multi'-Racial /
                Mixed-Race African-American Ethnic group --

                "During slavery there were, of course, frequent
                mixed race births, many resulting from the rape of
                enslaved "black" women by white slave owners.
                Between 1850 and 1860, the "Mulatto" [i.e. Mixed-Race]
                slave population increased by 67 percent; in contrast, the
                'Black' slave population increased by only 20 percent.
                At about this time, the notion of "Hypodescent",
                or The "One-Drop Rule," became prevalent.
                This is the idea that someone with even
                one distant African ancestor is black ...
                The 1890 census added further distinctions and had
                categories for White, Black, Mulatto, Quadroon,
                Octoroon, Chinese, Japanese, and Indian.
                By 1910 the Census Bureau had eliminated the terms
                mulatto, quadroon, and octoroon …
                three-quarters of
                all "blacks" in the United States were racially mixed
                …

                Anyone [listed] as African American
                would henceforth be counted as "black"
                ."

                Source: `Race and Mixed Race `by Naomi Zack
                (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 1993)

                http://www.oah.org/pubs/magazine/family/cruz-berson.html

                Also -- here is an interesting observation someone made:

                "Joshua R. Goldstein and Ann J. Morning, of
                the Office of Population Research, Princeton
                University, February 29, 2000, wrote for the
                Russell Sage Foundation a paper investigating
                the ramifications of multiple-"race" responses
                on the then-pending 2000 census.
                The paper entitled, "The multiple-race population of
                the United States : Issues and estimates," appeared in
                the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
                These researchers clearly stumbled
                on some interesting observations:
                Classifying those indicating more "races" than one
                puts Government in a seven-way bind, either ...
                opening a way out for potentially seventy percent of
                African Americans
                to [leave] "their" Black race...

                The researchers above further noticed that
                census "race" data collection is
                [both] politicized and … arbitrary..."

                (Source: http://www.webcom.com/~intvoice/point5.html
                and the entire paper, a 96K byte PDF file, can be found at
                http://www.pnas.org/cgi/reprint/100086897.pdf.)

                In addition, listed below is a perfect example of
                how statistics regarding the `African-Americans'
                are almost always completely false and erroneous.

                In this article – the writer openly makes the mistake of
                perceiving the Afro-Latino `Cultural' grouping AND the
                African-American `Ethnic' as being one and the same
                people grouping – then wrongfully combines the statistics
                of these two separate groups and then falsely presents them
                as if they are statistics about the African-Americans.

                Here is an example of one of the many erroneous
                `statistics' that can be found within this article:

                "In 1997, however, 55 percent of African Americans
                (including black Hispanics) lived in the South."
                Source:
                http://www.faculty.fairfield.edu/faculty/hodgson/RussiaDiversity/PBRaceEthnicity/PBRaceEthnicity.html

                As stated numerous times -- a person cannot be a part of the 'African-American'
                (AA) Ethnic grouping simply because they are a citizen or resident of the United
                States of America and also happen to be of some-part Black admixture.
                The AAs are a very specific and unique largely 'Multi'-Racial / Mixed-Race
                'Ethnic' grouping of people -- and groups such as Afro-Latinos; West Indians;
                African, etc. -- should not be enumerated as part of the so-called "statistics"
                regarding the AAs -- yet -- due to manipulation by the media and various
                political and government bureaucratic group -- every person in America who
                is of any-part Black ancestry is often falsely listed as also being an AA.

                This false categorization and enumeration has created a tremendous
                and unfair burden for those people who truly are of the AA Ethnicity.

                It should also be noticed in the chart contained in that
                same article that -- while `White', `Asian' and "American
                Indian" (again, another misnomer) have all been given the
                decency and dignity of being listed under separate "Racial"
                groups – and the term "Hispanic" has been listed under
                a separate `Cultural' group – only one (1) group -- the
                African-American `Ethnic', of course – has (yet, again)
                been forced to falsely `carry the statistics' for everyone
                in the United States of every person in the United States
                who is "of some part-Black ancestry" (no matter the
                true `Ethnic', `Cultural' or even `Racial' grouping)

                Actions such as found in this article – are (once again) –
                one of the very main reasons that the average so-called
                "statistic" (and even many of the various "definitions"
                …. such as the extremely erroneous "definition" found
                at the online "encyclopedia" known as `Wikipedia') –
                which are alleged to be about the `African-Americans'
                are almost always generally `false', `inaccurate' and
                `negative' and simply cannot be relied upon for the true
                state of affairs for this very diverse Ethnic grouping.

                As stated previously -- when just "any American (citizen or resident)
                of African descent" is erroneously listed as being an AA, however,
                naturally the "statistics" (ranging from --- educational grades,
                diplomas and degrees; to data on welfare rolls, recipients and
                amounts; to employment ratings; to socio-political-economic status
                and opinions; to family structure and environment; to crime, to STD
                / HIV/ AIDS and so on) which falsely claim to be in regards to the
                AA Ethnicity are then going to erroneously show "negative" results.

                Two excellent books on this subject are "Black Robes,
                White Justice" (written by FGM-Mixed New York
                Supreme Court Justice, Bruce Wright) and also
                "Don't Believe the Hype: Fighting Cultural
                Misinformation about  African-Americans" (written
                by FGM-Mixed, Reporter / Researcher, Ferai Chideya).

                http://gpn.unl.edu/cml/cml_product.asp?catalog_name=GPN&category_name=Don't+Believe+the+Hype&product_id=1501

                http://www.powerbooksearch.com/booksearch0758201109.html

                Hope this information is of some help in getting you
                off to a fairly good start on your research in this area.

                Have a great day. :)

                Message 7 of 13 , May 3, 2006
                  My cousin told me that she prefers to be labeled as "black" because
                  she has never been to Africa, and can't relate to what life is like there.

                  Other relatives will label themselves as "black" and ignore the other racial
                  admixtures in the family either because they don't know, they don't care
                  or they just assume that the color of your skin identifies what you are.
                  This gets a bit confusing when I go to family reunions...LOL* I tell
                  everyone that I am mixed, and brag about all the mixtures in our family.

                  In Minnesota, the African immigrants almost always refer to
                  themselves as African or identify with their country of origin.
                  They also may refer to their identity in terms of religion.
                  If you look at Hmong immigrants. They identify themselves
                  as Hmong, not Hmong-American. Same with Latinos.
                  They are Latinos, not Latin-Americans. I don't know
                  about where you all live...that's just the trend here.

                  So I guess being African-American, in a sense, is
                  really what it is. Or no? What else do you call it?

                  I mean if you are "Black" then that excludes the
                  mixed people who would not fit the description.

                  African-American seems to represent a racially mixed heritage.

                  What do you think??

                  Smiles, Lynn
                  Message 8 of 13 , May 4, 2006

                    " Lynn " <wintyreeve@...> wrote:

                    ... African-American seems to represent a
                    racially mixed heritage. What do you think??

                    My reply:

                    That's a very insightful perception and you make a good point.

                    In fact -- when one thinks about it -- of the two
                    terms – the term
                    `African-American' (although still
                    something of a misnomer, in my humble opinion

                    --- is actually quite clearly much closer to being a descriptor
                    of or implication for a person having a Mixed-Race Ancestry
                    (especially perhaps once the origin of the term is `explained' to the
                    hearer) --- than is the term
                    "Black" (as, when referred to "racially"
                    ...  rather than socio-politically... would imply adherence to
                    the racist One-Drop Rule/The Rule of Hypo-Descent and to also
                    imply a denial of a person's non-Black/other-American lineage).

                    Message 9 of 13 , May 4, 2006
                      I think African-American represent a 'culturally 'mixed'' group Bi-Cultural
                      with on the next level can man that members of this group are mixed.

                      I say bi-cultural because 1st, their are cultural combinations
                      that came together to make this group, secondly a lot of it was
                      passed from 'ethnic' descendants of other ethnic groups:native
                      american, french, english, irish, chinese, or passed from the
                      adoption of other cultures by people not ethnically related.

                      Message 10 of 13 , May 4, 2006

                        That's another good point as well.
                        It's also good 'food for thought'.:-?

                        Thanks for sharing it.

                        Tyrone Anderson <gemini072@...> wrote:

                        I think African-American represent a culturally
                        'mixed' group -- Bi-Cultural which on the next level
                        can mean that members of this group are mixed.

                        I say Bi-Cultural because 1st, there are cultural combinations
                        that came together to make this group, secondly a lot of it
                        was passed from 'ethnic' descendants of other ethnic groups:
                        native american, french, english, irish, chinese, or passed from
                        the adoption of other cultures by people not ethnically related.

                        In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,

                      • barac1998@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 13 , May 4, 2006
                          I agree. I have always looked at term African American as a mixed cultural blend and have taught it that way as well.

                          Peter
                          Message 12 of 13 , May 4, 2006

                            "Peter" <barac1998@... >wrote:

                            I agree. I have always looked at term 'African American' as
                            a mixed cultural blend and have taught it that way as well.

                            Peter

                            Reply:

                            Agreed.

                            And while I do feel that the term `African-American' is
                            (like the term `American-Indian') a type of misnomer
                            …  I do not have a problem with it's usage (particularly
                            seeing that, as Ty, Lynn and Peter have pointed out, the
                            term can most certainly be said to have an indication that
                            the members of said Ethnicity would most likely be of a
                            Mixed-Race / `Multi'-Racial Ancestry … wherein the term
                            `Black' would *not* seem to indicate any such Ancestry) .

                            My main concern actually centers around `the lack of true
                            knowledge about the AAs' that is quite commonly found
                            among and displayed by a good number of the members
                            of the American media, government, and census poll
                            takers … many of whom seem to have *no* remote concept
                            (thanks, again to the United States Census Bureau (USCB)
                            and it's hopelessly flawed-form, that's been used since 1990)
                            that the `African-Americans' (AAs) are *not* at all the same
                            group as the `Black-Americans' (BAs) and also that, as a
                            result of this lack of knowledge, the AAs seem to be the
                            *only* `Ethnic' group found in America (or the world)
                            that is forced to BOTH 1) live with society's denial
                            of it's Mixed-Race lineage AND 2) carry the unfair
                            burden of falsely being used to represent an entire
                            "Racial" grouping of people (largely due to the Rule
                            of Hypo-Descent / One-Drop Rule and the USCB).

                            As stated earlier – rather than look for a whole new name
                            or label for this largely `Multi'-Racial / Mixed-Race `Ethnic'
                            Group --- I truly feel that `Education' and the sharing of
                            knowledge and TRUE information about the AAs may be
                            a, if not `the', key step
                            in helping them to be able; feel free to
                            and have full
                            support in publicly embracing and proclaiming
                            their FULL Ancestry and true Identity as well as also having
                            TRUE statistics provided about them (rather than the
                            so-called `common knowledge' false-statistics that have
                            been created by the forcing of them to – without any say
                            in the matter -- represent and to carry the statistics for
                            every citizen and resident in the United States of America
                            who just happens to have some/ any amount of Black lineage).

                            Related Links: