African American's Mixed Heritage

  • Peter Barrett
    Message 1 of 13 , May 3, 2006
      I have viewed some of the previous post from this group.

      I noticed about the term African American (AA) as a misnomer.
      I understand the tri-racial heritage of the AA group.
      I found it also interesting how Black American was used to describe
      the more recent African group such as Nigerians for example.

      My question is do you think the term African American
      needs to be correctly understood or a different term?
      I'm just wondering what thoughts the members might have on this.

      I have never seen Africans referred to as Black
      Americans, except when they become Americanized.
      I personally was around Africans during my childhood.

      I have been on other sites where people refuse to believe that
      [the majority of] AAs are tri-racial and I have always known that.
      It is good to see this site embrace that fact.

    • Tyrone Anderson
      Message 2 of 13 , May 3, 2006
        Recent African immigrants (Nigerians etc) are seen as Black-Americans
        until we hear them speak with a dialect, they have on cultural clothing,
        or they are a particular african ethnic group that stands out.
        For example, there are Africans (I don't know what ethnic group)
        here (NYstate) that are really tall and thin and almost a
        charcoal black coloring, they where winter clothing in the
        spring time because they may not be used to the weather yet.
        These people I can readily tell are African.
        It depends with Ethiopians, sometimes they look like
        generationally mixed African-Americans other times you
        can tell by their ethnic look they are Ethiopians

        Peter Barrett <barac1998@...> wrote:
        I have viewed some of the previous post from this group.

        I noticed about the term African American (AA) as a misnomer.
        I understand the tri-racial heritage of the AA group.
        I found it also interesting how Black American was used to describe
        the more recent African group such as Nigerians for example.

        My question is do you think the term African American
        needs to be correctly understood or a different term?
        I'm just wondering what thoughts the members might have on this.

        I have never seen Africans referred to as Black
        Americans, except when they become Americanized.
        I personally was around Africans during my childhood.

        I have been on other sites where people refuse to believe that
        [the majority of] AAs are tri-racial and I have always known that.
        It is good to see this site embrace that fact.

        "Man would rather be a little higher than the apes, than a little lower than the angels." -
        "I am Black & I am White, and know there is no difference.
        Each one casts a shadow, and all shadows are dark." -Walter White

          Message 4 of 13 , May 3, 2006

            It should also be noted that `the majority' of the people who
            actually are
            of `the African-American' (AA) Ethnicity -- whose
            opinions often seem to be largely ignored on these matters --
            ALSO
            find it just as offensive  (if not even more so) when the
            people who are not of the African-American Ethnic grouping
            (ex. Caribbeans, South Americans and Africans) are falsely
            referred to as being and representing the 'African-Americans'
            particularly – when it comes to issues of `statistics' and `polls').

            Message 5 of 13 , May 3, 2006

              Peter Barrett <barac1998@...> inquired:

              I have viewed some of the previous post from this group.

              I noticed about the term African American (AA) as a misnomer.
              I understand the tri-racial heritage of the AA group.

              My question is do you think the term African American
              needs to be correctly understood or a different term?
              I'm just wondering what thoughts the members might have on this.

              I have been on other sites where people refuse to believe that
              [the majority of] AAs are tri-racial and I have always known that.
              It is good to see this site embrace that fact.

              My response:

              In my opinion, without question, next to the misnomer of
              `American-Indian' (AI), the term `African-American' (AA)
              is actually the one of the most misleading terms ever placed
              (or should I say, `forced') on any Ethnic grouping of people--
              particularly when one considers that is common knowledge
              and also has been scientifically proven that the majority of
              the AAs (+70%, in fact) are of a tri-racially admixed-ancestry.

              Between the demand by Jesse Jackson (circa 1990) that "any
              and every citizen or resident of the United States of America
              who was of any part or amount African descent" also be referred
              to by the term `African-American' AND the subsequent and
              hopelessly-flawed `revised' "racial statistics" form that was
              created by the United States Census Bureau / USCB (also, circa
              1990) ... the term `African-American' has become and continues
              to remain one which is of complete controversy and misapplication.

              In addition … (as a result of the semantic problem of
              trying to broadly and erroneously apply, as well as force
              others to falsely perceive, a term as being synonymous
              or interchangeable with another) … one of the major
              problems encountered --- in trying to help people in
              their having a full understanding of the fact that this
              particular `Ethnic' grouping of people is actually a
              `Type' of `Multi-`Racial / Mixed-Race group (and is not
              even a `type' of `mono'-racial "Black" group at all) ----
              seems to stem largely from the "politically-correct" (and,
              thus `culturally-incompetent') selection of the misapplied
              term `African-American' even being used to refer to this
              Ethnic group from the start -– as well as it's later expanded
              application to include `anyone' of any part-African descent.

              Originally the phase `African-American' was used merely as a
              descriptive term regarding the route of the horrific Voyage of
              the `Middle-Passage Experience' (i.e. from-`Africa'-to-`America') ---
              then it was later selected for use to describe the largely `Multi'-Racial
              / Mixed-Race `Ethnic' grouping of people who were
              The "Descendents
              of the Survivors
              " of the `Middle-Passage `Voyage' and also of the
              `
              One-Drop Rule-Enforced'/Matrilineal-Based, Chattel-Slavery `System'
               -- that took place thereafter (specifically on the continental
              United States of America during the periods of the Antebellum,
              Reconstruction and "Jim Crow" / Segregation eras that followed).

              Then -- thanks to various politically-motivated people such as
              Jesse Jackson and also the key administrators at the USCB --
              the term was later inexplicably-expanded (circa 1990) to
              also refer to and include "any American of African descent".

              It should also be remembered that this oddly inexplicable act
              is just one of the many reasons that almost all of the so-called
              government "statistics" that are allegedly in regards to the
              people of the AA Ethnicity are so completely and unbearably
              both inaccurate and also totally skewered toward "the negative".

              [[For instance, few people anywhere in the world are aware
              of the fact that -- there are *not* more `AA' men in prison
              rather than college; 1/4 of `AA' men are *not* in prison
              nor are they likely to die before the age of 25; and 70%
              of `AA' children are *not* born out of wedlock, etc.

              When "any American (citizen or resident) of African descent"
              is erroneously listed as being an AA, however, naturally the
              "statistics" (ranging from --- educational grades, diplomas and
              degrees; to data on welfare rolls, recipients and amounts; to
              employment ratings; to socio-political-economic status and
              opinions; to family structure and environment; to crime, to STD/
              HIV/ AIDS and so on) which falsely claim to be in regards to the
              AA Ethnicity are then going to erroneously show "negative" results.

              In fact, two excellent books on this subject are
              "Black Robes, White Justice" (written by FGM-Mixed
              New York Supreme Court Justice, Bruce Wright) and
              also "Don't Believe the Hype: Fighting Cultural
              Misinformation about the African-Americans" (written
              by FGM-Mixed, Reporter / Researcher, Ferai Chideya).

              http://gpn.unl.edu/cml/cml_product.asp?catalog_name=GPN&category_name=Don't+Believe+the+Hype&product_id=1501
              http://www.powerbooksearch.com/booksearch0758201109.html]]

              Like the socio-political "identification" of "black"
              (which has been utilized since the late 1960's wherein
              the largely very successful `Civil Rights Movement'
              was replaced, via media and political manipulation,
              by the short-lived and rather divisive `Black Power /
              Pan-Africanism Movement') --- the term AA is so
              unbearably misleading ... and it's common misuse
              seems to be one of the main reasons that so
              very few people seem to realize that the AA's:

              1) Are not a `mono'-racial "race" grouping
              (or even a `racial' grouping of any sort at all);

              2) Are actually a largely `Multi'-Racial / Mixed-Race
              `Ethnic' grouping … as more that 70% of people
              born to two parents who are both members of the
              AA Ethnic grouping (i.e. full AAs) -- are actually
              and have always remained of a continually
              MGM-Mixed lineage and racial-admixture;

              3) Are a very `specific' grouping of people (and not
              just `any' or `every' grouping of people who happen
              to be of `some part' Black-admixture -- as one cannot
              be a member of this particular `Ethnic' group – unless
              one is actually a "Descendent of the Survivors"
              of the Historical-Voyage (the Middle Passage)
              which led to an
              Historical-Experience
              (The 'One-Drop Rule'-Enforced / Matrilineal-Based
              Chattel-Slavery `System') which took place in a
              specific geographical-location (the Continental
              United States of America' during a
              specific
              historical-period
              (the Antebellum era – and
              Reconstruction and the "Jim Crow" /
              Segregationist period which followed).

              Personally, I feel that words such as
              `African-American' and "black" are
              BOTH completely erroneous terms
              to use in describing this largely MGM
              Tri-racially "Mixed" Ethnic group of people.

              Use of the word `African-American', to describe this
              group -- generally leads the hearer to naturally make
              the neuro-linguistic assumption-based error that the
              term is indicative of it's subject being someone who
              is either "sole or predominantly" of a `mono'-racially
              Black ancestry (which is not even remotely the
              case for the majority -- +70% -- of the people who
              belong to this largely tri-racial `Ethnic' grouping).

              In reality, researchers, geneticists, historians and
              anthropologists have repeatedly proven, detailed
              and documented that the majority of those people
              who born to two parents who are both members
              multi-racial Ethnic grouping (more than 70%, in fact)
              have about 20-30% `white' "racial" admixture and
              even more than 25% 'Amerindian' "racial" admixture.

              As noted, the use of the term `"black" to describe this
              group also seems very inappropriate – both for the
              reason listed above as well as for the fact that the
              term "black" was only since the late 1960's and 1970's
              as being reflective of what was supposed to have
              been am anti-racist / anti-colonialist socio-political
              "identification" (then referred to as "pan-Africanism")
              that led and expressed by the, now rather phased
              out (and surprisingly even somewhat divisive)
              Afro-centric "Black-Power" movement of that era.

              Few people seem to realize that the term "black"
              was never actually even meant for use as a
              `racial-descriptor' for the people of this Ethnicity
              -- but rather it was actually simply meant to be
              used merely as a way of describing "an emerging
              `political consciousness' and also an attempted
              `cultural connection' being expressed and
              "identified" among some of the younger members
              of this given group at that certain era in history
              for a particular socio-political purpose".

              http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ideas_opinions/v-pfriendly/story/283791p-243138c.html
              http://www.dailybruin.ucla.edu/DB/issues/97/09.22/view.tucker.html

              The error of using a term such as this (which one
              would normally and traditionally only have associated
              with a very specific `Continent', `Voyage', `Race' or
              even a `Socio-Political "Identification" `), and then
              erroneously applying it to a given `ethnic' group,
              is that it would naturally result in the neuro-linguistic
              reaction of people then instantaneously perceiving
              and associating the "Ethnic" group ONLY within
              the `former representation' of the term as being
              in reference to specific `Continent', `Race' and
              or `Voyage' or a `Socio-Political "Identification.

              The erroneous semantic misapplication of this term
              is often largely why people inaccurately believe that
              it is representative of; synonymous with or used
              interchangeably for the `racial' term "black" –
              rather than in reference to the `voyage' which led
              to the launching of a specific `historical experience'.

              That having been said – the answer to your question
              is (for me)
              … that `No', I do personally *not* feel or
              believe that that the current answer to the issues
              involved with the misnomer of `African-American' --
              is to give this largely `Multi'-Racial / Mixed-Race
              Ethnic grouping of people – yet another new LABEL.

              As (just as it has been found that, in the case of
              many, if not most Amerindians, they did not like
              the politically-correct / culturally-illiterate term
              of `Native American' being forced on them any
              more than they did the term `American Indian')
              –--- yet another new label never seems
              to be ;the answer' to a complex issue.

              But rather – what seems would be most
              effective would be to simply educate
              people on the following facts:

              *** the `African-Americans' (AAs) and
              the `Black-Americans' (BAs) are *not*
              the same people groupings at all;

              *** the AAs are a largely `Multi'-Racial/
              Mixed-Race `Ethnic' group -- while the
              BAs are a `mono'-racial `Race' group;

              *** the majority of those people who are
              full-AAs are largely "black" *only* in the
              sense of socio-politically "identifying"
              (largely due to the `One-Drop' Rule and
              other forms of Racism) with the struggles
               experienced by those with whom they are
              connected via a part of their tri-racial lineage;

              *** and most of the "statistics" offered by the U.S.
              government and media about the AAs are extremely
              skewered, biased and completely inaccurate
              (due to a lack of understanding that the terms
              `Black' and `African-American' are *not* actually
              in reference to the same people groupings; they
              are *not* synonymous terms; and should not
              be/ have ever been used interchangeably).

              --- [Submitted by soaptalk@... / 05-03-2006 ©]

              Acronym Key:

              [MGM-Mixed = Multi-Generational-Mutiracially Mixed
              FGM-Mixed= First-Generational-Multiracially Mixed]

              Related Links:

            • Peter Barrett
              Message 6 of 13 , May 3, 2006
                Can someone also tell me where the
                70% of admixture for AA WAS FOUND?

                Not that I doubt it at all. I had a conversation on another message
                board and had a hard time proving this point with a credible figure.

                I also had seen a site by Mark Shriver stating that
                --instead of the 20-30% average-- it was more like
                17% european admixture. Which to me didn't seem right.

                If anyone has more information on this it would be appreciated.

                http://gpn.unl.edu/cml/cml_product.asp?catalog_name==GPN&category_name==Don't+Believe+the+Hype&product_id=01

                Message 7 of 13 , May 3, 2006

                  "Peter Barrett" <barac1998@...> inquired:

                  Can someone also tell me where the 70% of admixture for AA was found?
                  … If anyone has more information on this it would be appreciated.

                  Note:
                  Said inquiry was made in regards to the post found at the following link:

                  My response:

                  That's a really excellent good question and hopefully, the
                  following information may be of help in answering it…. :-?

                  Some of the sources can be found listed within the following link
                  :

                  Other sources are also found in various other postings at this group.

                  In addition, there are many other sources that also note said figure
                  (both online and in print) ... some of these include the following:

                  "With some figures showing 70% of African
                  Americans fitting into a multiracial category,"

                  Source: http://www.interracialvoice.com/editor10.html

                  "Seventy to eighty percent of so-called
                  "blacks" are of mixed racial heritage."
                  Source: http://www.digitas.harvard.edu/~perspy/old/issues/1997/may/boxing.html

                  "Most writers on the subject of American black-white
                  miscegenation, for instance, estimate that seventy to
                  ninety percent of African Americans have white ancestry"

                  Source: http://www.webcom.com/~intvoice/zack.html

                  "Seventy percent of …African Americans … are
                  mixed with … mostly Scottish Irish and Native
                  American, yet … defined as "black".
                  Hispanics, like "blacks", have an equal
                  amount of race mixing in their ethnic group."
                  Source: http://www.blackcanada.com/news_7.htm

                  Here is an very interesting observation made regarding
                  the historical creation of the largely `Multi'-Racial /
                  Mixed-Race African-American Ethnic group --

                  "During slavery there were, of course, frequent
                  mixed race births, many resulting from the rape of
                  enslaved "black" women by white slave owners.
                  Between 1850 and 1860, the "Mulatto" [i.e. Mixed-Race]
                  slave population increased by 67 percent; in contrast, the
                  'Black' slave population increased by only 20 percent.
                  At about this time, the notion of "Hypodescent",
                  or The "One-Drop Rule," became prevalent.
                  This is the idea that someone with even
                  one distant African ancestor is black ...
                  The 1890 census added further distinctions and had
                  categories for White, Black, Mulatto, Quadroon,
                  Octoroon, Chinese, Japanese, and Indian.
                  By 1910 the Census Bureau had eliminated the terms
                  mulatto, quadroon, and octoroon …
                  three-quarters of
                  all "blacks" in the United States were racially mixed
                  …

                  Anyone [listed] as African American
                  would henceforth be counted as "black"
                  ."

                  Source: `Race and Mixed Race `by Naomi Zack
                  (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 1993)

                  http://www.oah.org/pubs/magazine/family/cruz-berson.html

                  Also -- here is an interesting observation someone made:

                  "Joshua R. Goldstein and Ann J. Morning, of
                  the Office of Population Research, Princeton
                  University, February 29, 2000, wrote for the
                  Russell Sage Foundation a paper investigating
                  the ramifications of multiple-"race" responses
                  on the then-pending 2000 census.
                  The paper entitled, "The multiple-race population of
                  the United States : Issues and estimates," appeared in
                  the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
                  These researchers clearly stumbled
                  on some interesting observations:
                  Classifying those indicating more "races" than one
                  puts Government in a seven-way bind, either ...
                  opening a way out for potentially seventy percent of
                  African Americans
                  to [leave] "their" Black race...

                  The researchers above further noticed that
                  census "race" data collection is
                  [both] politicized and … arbitrary..."

                  (Source: http://www.webcom.com/~intvoice/point5.html
                  and the entire paper, a 96K byte PDF file, can be found at
                  http://www.pnas.org/cgi/reprint/100086897.pdf.)

                  In addition, listed below is a perfect example of
                  how statistics regarding the `African-Americans'
                  are almost always completely false and erroneous.

                  In this article – the writer openly makes the mistake of
                  perceiving the Afro-Latino `Cultural' grouping AND the
                  African-American `Ethnic' as being one and the same
                  people grouping – then wrongfully combines the statistics
                  of these two separate groups and then falsely presents them
                  as if they are statistics about the African-Americans.

                  Here is an example of one of the many erroneous
                  `statistics' that can be found within this article:

                  "In 1997, however, 55 percent of African Americans
                  (including black Hispanics) lived in the South."
                  Source:
                  http://www.faculty.fairfield.edu/faculty/hodgson/RussiaDiversity/PBRaceEthnicity/PBRaceEthnicity.html

                  As stated numerous times -- a person cannot be a part of the 'African-American'
                  (AA) Ethnic grouping simply because they are a citizen or resident of the United
                  States of America and also happen to be of some-part Black admixture.
                  The AAs are a very specific and unique largely 'Multi'-Racial / Mixed-Race
                  'Ethnic' grouping of people -- and groups such as Afro-Latinos; West Indians;
                  African, etc. -- should not be enumerated as part of the so-called "statistics"
                  regarding the AAs -- yet -- due to manipulation by the media and various
                  political and government bureaucratic group -- every person in America who
                  is of any-part Black ancestry is often falsely listed as also being an AA.

                  This false categorization and enumeration has created a tremendous
                  and unfair burden for those people who truly are of the AA Ethnicity.

                  It should also be noticed in the chart contained in that
                  same article that -- while `White', `Asian' and "American
                  Indian" (again, another misnomer) have all been given the
                  decency and dignity of being listed under separate "Racial"
                  groups – and the term "Hispanic" has been listed under
                  a separate `Cultural' group – only one (1) group -- the
                  African-American `Ethnic', of course – has (yet, again)
                  been forced to falsely `carry the statistics' for everyone
                  in the United States of every person in the United States
                  who is "of some part-Black ancestry" (no matter the
                  true `Ethnic', `Cultural' or even `Racial' grouping)

                  Actions such as found in this article – are (once again) –
                  one of the very main reasons that the average so-called
                  "statistic" (and even many of the various "definitions"
                  …. such as the extremely erroneous "definition" found
                  at the online "encyclopedia" known as `Wikipedia') –
                  which are alleged to be about the `African-Americans'
                  are almost always generally `false', `inaccurate' and
                  `negative' and simply cannot be relied upon for the true
                  state of affairs for this very diverse Ethnic grouping.

                  As stated previously -- when just "any American (citizen or resident)
                  of African descent" is erroneously listed as being an AA, however,
                  naturally the "statistics" (ranging from --- educational grades,
                  diplomas and degrees; to data on welfare rolls, recipients and
                  amounts; to employment ratings; to socio-political-economic status
                  and opinions; to family structure and environment; to crime, to STD
                  / HIV/ AIDS and so on) which falsely claim to be in regards to the
                  AA Ethnicity are then going to erroneously show "negative" results.

                  Two excellent books on this subject are "Black Robes,
                  White Justice" (written by FGM-Mixed New York
                  Supreme Court Justice, Bruce Wright) and also
                  "Don't Believe the Hype: Fighting Cultural
                  Misinformation about  African-Americans" (written
                  by FGM-Mixed, Reporter / Researcher, Ferai Chideya).

                  http://gpn.unl.edu/cml/cml_product.asp?catalog_name=GPN&category_name=Don't+Believe+the+Hype&product_id=1501

                  http://www.powerbooksearch.com/booksearch0758201109.html

                  Hope this information is of some help in getting you
                  off to a fairly good start on your research in this area.

                  Have a great day. :)

                  Message 8 of 13 , May 3, 2006
                    My cousin told me that she prefers to be labeled as "black" because
                    she has never been to Africa, and can't relate to what life is like there.

                    Other relatives will label themselves as "black" and ignore the other racial
                    admixtures in the family either because they don't know, they don't care
                    or they just assume that the color of your skin identifies what you are.
                    This gets a bit confusing when I go to family reunions...LOL* I tell
                    everyone that I am mixed, and brag about all the mixtures in our family.

                    In Minnesota, the African immigrants almost always refer to
                    themselves as African or identify with their country of origin.
                    They also may refer to their identity in terms of religion.
                    If you look at Hmong immigrants. They identify themselves
                    as Hmong, not Hmong-American. Same with Latinos.
                    They are Latinos, not Latin-Americans. I don't know
                    about where you all live...that's just the trend here.

                    So I guess being African-American, in a sense, is
                    really what it is. Or no? What else do you call it?

                    I mean if you are "Black" then that excludes the
                    mixed people who would not fit the description.

                    African-American seems to represent a racially mixed heritage.

                    What do you think??

                    Smiles, Lynn
                    Message 9 of 13 , May 4, 2006

                      " Lynn " <wintyreeve@...> wrote:

                      ... African-American seems to represent a
                      racially mixed heritage. What do you think??

                      My reply:

                      That's a very insightful perception and you make a good point.

                      In fact -- when one thinks about it -- of the two
                      terms – the term
                      `African-American' (although still
                      something of a misnomer, in my humble opinion

                      --- is actually quite clearly much closer to being a descriptor
                      of or implication for a person having a Mixed-Race Ancestry
                      (especially perhaps once the origin of the term is `explained' to the
                      hearer) --- than is the term
                      "Black" (as, when referred to "racially"
                      ...  rather than socio-politically... would imply adherence to
                      the racist One-Drop Rule/The Rule of Hypo-Descent and to also
                      imply a denial of a person's non-Black/other-American lineage).

                      Message 10 of 13 , May 4, 2006
                        I think African-American represent a 'culturally 'mixed'' group Bi-Cultural
                        with on the next level can man that members of this group are mixed.

                        I say bi-cultural because 1st, their are cultural combinations
                        that came together to make this group, secondly a lot of it was
                        passed from 'ethnic' descendants of other ethnic groups:native
                        american, french, english, irish, chinese, or passed from the
                        adoption of other cultures by people not ethnically related.

                        Message 11 of 13 , May 4, 2006

                          That's another good point as well.
                          It's also good 'food for thought'.:-?

                          Thanks for sharing it.

                          Tyrone Anderson <gemini072@...> wrote:

                          I think African-American represent a culturally
                          'mixed' group -- Bi-Cultural which on the next level
                          can mean that members of this group are mixed.

                          I say Bi-Cultural because 1st, there are cultural combinations
                          that came together to make this group, secondly a lot of it
                          was passed from 'ethnic' descendants of other ethnic groups:
                          native american, french, english, irish, chinese, or passed from
                          the adoption of other cultures by people not ethnically related.

                          In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,

                        • barac1998@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 13 , May 4, 2006
                            I agree. I have always looked at term African American as a mixed cultural blend and have taught it that way as well.

                            Peter
                            Message 13 of 13 , May 4, 2006

                              "Peter" <barac1998@... >wrote:

                              I agree. I have always looked at term 'African American' as
                              a mixed cultural blend and have taught it that way as well.

                              Peter

                              Reply:

                              Agreed.

                              And while I do feel that the term `African-American' is
                              (like the term `American-Indian') a type of misnomer
                              …  I do not have a problem with it's usage (particularly
                              seeing that, as Ty, Lynn and Peter have pointed out, the
                              term can most certainly be said to have an indication that
                              the members of said Ethnicity would most likely be of a
                              Mixed-Race / `Multi'-Racial Ancestry … wherein the term
                              `Black' would *not* seem to indicate any such Ancestry) .

                              My main concern actually centers around `the lack of true
                              knowledge about the AAs' that is quite commonly found
                              among and displayed by a good number of the members
                              of the American media, government, and census poll
                              takers … many of whom seem to have *no* remote concept
                              (thanks, again to the United States Census Bureau (USCB)
                              and it's hopelessly flawed-form, that's been used since 1990)
                              that the `African-Americans' (AAs) are *not* at all the same
                              group as the `Black-Americans' (BAs) and also that, as a
                              result of this lack of knowledge, the AAs seem to be the
                              *only* `Ethnic' group found in America (or the world)
                              that is forced to BOTH 1) live with society's denial
                              of it's Mixed-Race lineage AND 2) carry the unfair
                              burden of falsely being used to represent an entire
                              "Racial" grouping of people (largely due to the Rule
                              of Hypo-Descent / One-Drop Rule and the USCB).

                              As stated earlier – rather than look for a whole new name
                              or label for this largely `Multi'-Racial / Mixed-Race `Ethnic'
                              Group --- I truly feel that `Education' and the sharing of
                              knowledge and TRUE information about the AAs may be
                              a, if not `the', key step
                              in helping them to be able; feel free to
                              and have full
                              support in publicly embracing and proclaiming
                              their FULL Ancestry and true Identity as well as also having
                              TRUE statistics provided about them (rather than the
                              so-called `common knowledge' false-statistics that have
                              been created by the forcing of them to – without any say
                              in the matter -- represent and to carry the statistics for
                              every citizen and resident in the United States of America
                              who just happens to have some/ any amount of Black lineage).

                              Related Links: