917Re: [Generation-Mixed] One race preferance

    Feb 8, 2006
      Hello-

      What should we call you? I can see that you are going through some kind of situation but you are asking us to share personal information & not even giving us a name to call you by.

      RE:  it would be helpful for me to understand where a poster is coming from

      I don't know about the rest of the group but "where I am coming from" is based on more than just my ethnicity or skin color. I could tell you--laugh--nut be prepared to read a novel!

      RE: it would be helpful and more insightful if you can mention if
      you prefer/relate to one race over the other and even why.

      Are you mixed? Why do you assume that any of us would prefer one race over the other?

      Are you saying that if someone writes a post that the author should give a bio about their race, how they identify themselves and why? I have to be honest and say that to ask someone to do that is strange--Mixed people already feel so much pressure from the outside world to be monoracial, to conform to stereotypes--why would we do that to ourselves here?

      That being said, this board is a place for sharing, getting insight from others & getting supoort from people who truly understand. If you have a problem--maybe you can consider telling us a little about the situation and just asking for feedback?

      Best Regards, Lynn

      Baby Femme / femininemind@... wrote:

      For personal reasons, it would be helpful for me
      to understand where a poster is coming from...
      it would be helpful and more insightful if you can mention if
      you prefer/relate to one race over the other and even why.
      I have a real situation and the information would be greatly
      appreciated if you feel led to share in this way. thank you.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic