885Cute Book for Babies

    Dec 31, 2005
      Hello Friends-
      My daughter found this book in the library and its a must read for our mixed children... It's called "Babies" by Ros Asquith and illustrated by Sam Williams (both from the UK). I would say the book is appropraite for children up to age 3.
      This book is a fun story about the adventures, personalities and playfulness of babies. The illustrations show mixed children but the book doesn't make a big deal out of race. The book talks about differences between babies in a fun, playful way but underneath there is a message about acceptance of others and being happy in who you are. One of the last pages of the book has a mirror in it too, the caption reads, "There are many different babies but I'll tell you something true. The baby I love with all my heart, is... YOU!"
      Have a GREAT New Year~ Lynn