3790Re: [Generation-Mixed] brand new episodes on multi-ethnic podcast/blog

  • maxisterl@yahoo.com
    Sep 29, 2008
      I have recently visited HI very interesting culture of ppl. They say their original ancestors come from new zealand, thailand, then china, japan, the phillipinnes (not sure of spelling), and of course British /caucasion settlers. Hence the name polynesian...

      From: Elizabeth Liang <eliang@...>
      Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 16:21:13 -0700
      To: <Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [Generation-Mixed] brand new episodes on multi-ethnic podcast/blog

      Hi Generation Mixed,

      I'm excited to announce two new episodes (#7 and #8) in my podcast about the hapa and multi-ethnic experience:

      www.hapahappyhour. libsyn.com

      We're also on iTunes!

      Episode list:

      #8 Continuing the conversation about going home, from episode 6, the ladies talk about what itʻs like to be seen in various parts of the world. And where they feel the most at home.

      #7 Hiwa interviews her father, Terry, in the Honolulu airport. He is hapa himself, of Hawaiian and Chinese ancestry.

      #6 Reflecting on our travels this past year and sharing the cuisines that make Alaska, Hawaii, and Guatemala so unique.

      #5 We're interviewing our parents! Meet our first guest, Rena's dad, Jim, from Chamberlain, South Dakota. Find out how this
      Midwestern farmer fell in love with a teacher from the Philippines. This week we also touch on the similarities between being transracially adopted and being multiracial.

      #4 Celebrate Loving Day, the day the US Supreme court decided that mixed race marriage was (finally) legal in the United States! We talk about Loving vs Virginia and are grateful that our parents weren't arrested.

      #3 Exploring the connection between how we were raised culturally and how we view ourselves. Someone can look Chinese but not know how to use chopsticks; breaking down stereotypical ideas.

      #2 Further exploration into the backgrounds of Lisa, Hiwa and Rena. From Alaska to Hawaiʻi to Guatemala and beyond the women have experienced many places.

      #1 Welcome to Hapa Happy Hour where Lisa, Hiwa and Rena, who met doing "Three Sisters", explore their multi racial experiences from three different backgrounds.

      Hope you enjoy it! Comments? Please email hapahappyhour@ gmail.com.

      Cheers,
      Lisa
      Hapa Happy Hour co-host