3511Re: [Generation-Mixed] What are the general feelings towards using the term "mulatto"?

  • Stephanie Phillips
    Dec 16, 2007
      It's is just a term ' . But for some reason I think of
      mulatto don't bother me too much. Cause I know who I am.
      In the world beyond this group, it can be admired or it
      can be offensive I guess. I have heard it is worse if
      you are biracial in other countries, than it is here.

      brooke84z <brooke84z@...> wrote:
      What do most people of black/white mixed-background think of the term?
      Not just in this group but in general?
      I know that the term has its origination in the Spanish/Portugese word
      meaning young donkey, an animal that cannot have viable offspring.
      I know that some people embrace the term, but breaking it down,
      what are the general population's attitudes towards it versus
      black/white mixed-race people versus people in this group?
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic