3510What are the general feelings towards using the term "mulatto"?

  • brooke84z
    Dec 14, 2007
      What do most people of black/white mixed-background think of the term?
      Not just in this group but in general?
      I know that the term has its origination in the Spanish/Portugese word
      meaning young donkey, an animal that cannot have viable offspring.
      I know that some people embrace the term, but breaking it down,
      what are the general population's attitudes towards it versus
      black/white mixed-race people versus people in this group?
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic