2911Re: A note on 'Self-Definition'

    May 31, 2007
      Your coworker actually SAID THAT to you??? Oooooooooh, I would be mad! It sounds like you've given her ample opportunity to be respectful toward you, but she continues to feign ignorance. This is just my opinion, but... if I were you, I would tell your coworker exactly how you feel and that you will not tolerate any rudeness or foolishness on her part. Let her know that, if she doesn't "get it right," you will not hesitate to go to your superior- and, by all means, follow through with that, if need be! This is what I mean by "taking a stand." If you allow this coworker to continue treating you in such a blatantly disrespectful manner... what sort of message would you be sending her, and other coworkers? That it's o.k. for them to say or do anything toward you that they wish??? I'm sure that's not what you want. I'm sure... if you do a little investigating, the company you work for has some sort of anti-discriminatory policy in place- for situations like this. If not, now is the time to question why they don't have one. I truly feel for you. No one should have to endure the sort of humiliation that you've described! Hang in there and let us know how things go=) Sincerely, Heather
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic