2894Re: A note on 'Self-Definition'

    May 26, 2007

      That's a good point that you have made (about others
      making the assumption-based choice to "pass" you off
      as being mono-racial) -- because it probably happens
      to many people more than most of us ever realize.

      Often, when people think of "passing", the thought is
      that the 'passer' is the one who has made the '
      choice to 'pass' themsleves as having a singular ancestry
      ---- rather than the thought being that the "passing" may
      have actually been directed 'at' the person by others who
      are simply 'assuming' they know the person's full-ancestry.

      Thanks for pointing that out!

      "osteoron" <osteoron@...> wrote:

       "Passing" is not a choice that I make.
       It is a choice that others make