      From: "Sonya" <invinciblegirl100@...>
      To: Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Generation-Mixed] Re: Very Close?
      Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 01:16:02 -0000

      I'm from the islands of Trinidad and Tobago (located in the
      Caribbean). I am a mixture of East Indian, and Chinese race.
      I currently live in the United States, but each
      time I meet a new person, I am categorized
      into the country they think I belong.
      People ask me if I'm from India,Cuba,
      Thailand, the Middle East, Hawaii, and more.
      While I respond respectfully to their questions,
      I get a little sad inside, because it hurts me
      to know that my real identity is not known.
      That is, that I am from the beautiful islands of Trinidad
      and Tobago, and that those islands are quite diverse
      (having people of all races). Ah well, I'm coping though.
      I'm glad for groups like these which encourage me to
      share and vent my feelings about these matters
      without having to deal with persecution. :-)

      In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,
      "mulatta_loca" <rosanna_armendariz@...> wrote:

      I've been mistaken for everything under the
      sun, including Italian, Middle Eastern, etc...
      I'm actually Jamaican, Ecuadorian, and Polish.
      Go figure!

      In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,
      "rystamford" <rystamford@> wrote:

      Has anyone else found that people always
      think you're just White with a very good tan?

      For the longest time I thought I was just plain Italian,
      I would look around at all of the other Italian kids at my
      high school and say "even though I'm only 1/4 Italian
      (3/4 Polish), I'm still much darker than them!

      I found out a few months ago (i'm in my Senior Year
      of College now), that my Great Grandfather was half
      black (back in Italy). That makes me 1/16 black.

      Does anyone else have this strange phenomena?

      I'm always told I have such a great tan, and where
      did I get it...I tell them that it's just me!
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic