2276Re: Chicago born & raised in mixed family

  • Yvette
    Jan 10, 2007
      Hi Wei Ming,

      The summer camp you are running sounds awesome.
      I wish there was something like that in
      Chicago when I was growing up....or even now.

      Yvette

      dariotis@... wrote:

      Hi Folks,

      I'm Wei Ming Dariotis, from San Francisco. Chinese Greek
      Swedish Scottish English German and Pennsylvania Dutch.
      I teach a course on Asian Americans of Mixed Heritage
      at SFSU and I serve on the Board of iPride and I
      used to serve on the Board of Hapa Issues Forum.
      I also helped start FUSION, the summer camp program
      for mixed heritage and transracially adopted kids
      now offered by iPride in the Bay Area every summer.

      I'm particularly interested in the literature, art,
      and culture of people of mixed heritage--how we express
      our experiences, how we create images of ourselves to
      counter both the stereotypes and the invisibility.

      best,

      Wei Ming
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic