2275RE: Chicago born & raised in mixed family

  • dariotis@sfsu.edu
    Jan 10, 2007
      Hi Folks,

      I'm Wei Ming Dariotis, from San Francisco. Chinese Greek
      Swedish Scottish English German and Pennsylvania Dutch.
      I teach a course on Asian Americans of Mixed Heritage
      at SFSU and I serve on the Board of iPride and I
      used to serve on the Board of Hapa Issues Forum.
      I also helped start FUSION, the summer camp program
      for mixed heritage and transracially adopted kids
      now offered by iPride in the Bay Area every summer.

      I'm particularly interested in the literature, art, and
      culture of people of mixed heritage--how we express our
      experiences, how we create images of ourselves to
      counter both the stereotypes and the invisibility.

      best,

      Wei Ming

      Quoting tlbaker <tlbaker@...>:

      Hi Yvette,