1738Re: Endogamy within Mixed-Race groups

  • barac1998@aol.com
    Nov 11, 2006
      This is a very interesting conversation.
      In my family it has been a little different.
      My Creole side became mixed in the early 19th century.
      My 3rd great grandmother was Black and
      had three children with a White Acadian.
      My great grandfather looks White and may be 3/4 White.
      He married my great grandmother who dosen't seem to
      be Creole but of Mixed heritage and very fair as well.
      My maternal grandfather  who was medium brown with
      straight hair married my grandmother who was not Creole as well.
      She was a native Californian and she had a Mulatto father
      from Indiana and a Black mother from North Carolina.
      They had my mother and her sister my
      mother's darker and her sister;s light.
      My aunt married a man who would not have married
      a medium brown woman he preferred light skin.
      They had light children and we were medium to dark brown.

      My grandfather's sister were very fair but
      they married very dark men and non Creole.
      All of my grandfathe'r siblings looked different.
      One of his brothers had light hair and gray eyes.
      One brother married twice and married a Creole and a non-creole.

      My father's side his mother was a dark
      woman and his father was very fair.
      Some of his sibliing were light some dark.
      Even some of my paternal relatives that are clearly
      Black our DNA goes back to Europe on the paternal line.
      I look clearly black with wavy hair
      and my childrenhave differnt ranges.
      My oldest sons mother is White and my wife
      is "black" and we have two children.
      Her mother is 3/4 White and father Black.
      So there are so many combinations.

      Since some of my ancestry goes back a ways it
      seems that my White relatives are 4th cousins.