1714Re: Endogamy within Mixed-Race groups

  • Rodney Sam
    Nov 10, 2006
      Yea, creoles do have an interesting history.
      I even found out my paternal grandparents shared
      a common ancestor a couple of generations.
      It turns out that my paternal grandmother's grandmother,
      a Mulatto slave named Cidalise Desmarias and my
      paternal grandfather's great-grandmother,
      Eloise Jacques, were half-sisters.
      They had the same mother, a Black slave named
      Marie Louise Jacques but different fathers.
      Cidalise's father was a white creole
      named Jean Baptiste Desmarias ...
      Eloise's father was a Jamaican or
      West Indian known only as Jacques.