1701Re: [Generation-Mixed] Re: Endogamy within Mixed-Race groups

    Nov 9 12:56 PM
      Oh yeah? Got any cute sisters? ;)
      Just kidding, of course *ahem*

      Rodney Sam <rqs79@...> wrote:
      The creoles of Louisiana and South Carolina
      tended to marry amoung themselves only.
      A lot of these habits continued after
      the Civil War into the Civil War.

      For example, my grandmother descended from generations
      of mixed people who intermarried with each other.
      Some of my relatives have kept the cycle going by
      marrying people with similiar backgrounds but a
      lot of them have married black or white as well.
      The features of my family are full of white-looking
      people with blue eyes and sandy brown hair to people
      with strong black features and many variations between.